Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken T. (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken T.

Showing 121 - 130 of 8772 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...878

Forum » Thread

Re: 7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
"If it was a chaff event, or private event, move all this there or to PM.... that's my point." It is a trip report like before. Nothing more. So we can't post those now? I&...

In Photo Gallery » 7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
February 02, 7:13am

Re: Are YOU a Condescending Jerk Online?
"Ken and Greg, Jennifer loves me not you two" Did she fly out to spend the weekend with you? Jealous.

In Chaff » Are YOU a Condescending Jerk Online?
February 01, 10:33pm

Nor Cal GGG #1
Glad you guys had a great time. Thank you to David for stepping up +100 Looking forward to the Post Trip Report thread with photos.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » California GGG #7 - Jan 29 to Feb 1, 2015
February 01, 10:23pm

Re: 7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
Chaff Live, Heavy Hitter Edition Starring in this years GGG in no particular order Doug I Tom K Ian B Kat P Jennifer M Peter V Sheilla Marsha Matthew B Jacob and Sandra D The Bowd...

In Photo Gallery » 7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
February 01, 9:52pm

Re: Hiking Shoes.
http://backpackerpt.com/2012/06/27/backpacking-with-knee-pain/

In GEAR » Hiking Shoes.
January 30, 7:30am

Re: Lost Coast
One more thing. If you are arriving in the evening at Mattole and want to spend the night before you hike. I recommend that you skip the sandy, windy, campground at the trailhead parking lot. ...

In Gear Lists » Lost Coast Trail in early February
January 29, 11:13pm

Re: Re: Lost Coast
Hate to sound like the "Get off my lawn" guy here. But I have been witness to Yosemite Valley kind of stupid there. I watched a fellow BPLrs videos showing them burning about 900 poun...

January 29, 11:06pm

You won't like your answer. Been there, Been there with trying to get the Ursack approved too. No go, they use the Yosemite list. Everyone has something that smells in their pack. They(BLM...

January 29, 10:46pm

Each person must possess a minimum of one canister, and must use the canister to store the above types of items, plus any food scraps and scented trash items such as empty cans, energy/candy wrappe...

January 29, 10:15pm

"If I remember correctly, bear cans are required on the Lost Coast." They are. Hard sided containers only. No Ursacks. Each person must have one. Must be lidded and locked whenever o...

January 29, 10:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken T.

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am