Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken T. (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken T.

Showing 121 - 130 of 9221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...923

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB Hiking Hat
Any running shop should have a variety. Under $25 Or online, like Zappos http://www.zappos.com/hats~7 What size is your melon?

In Gear Swap » WTB Hiking Hat
April 13, 9:45pm

Re: Emergency shelter with lower extremity injury
The real Jack Elliot hiked out with a broken ankle. OUCH!

In GEAR » Emergency shelter with lower extremity injury
April 13, 9:27pm

Re: wtb: car camping lantern
Have a headlamp already? Make a velum shade for it.

In Gear Swap » wtb: car camping lantern
April 13, 9:20pm

Re: Re: Hmmm
Jerry, Note that this unit will not charge from the USB output while being plugged in and charging itself, as I had hoped, and as some of the other battery packs are able to do, working as higher ...

In GEAR » A thru-hiker's power management dream come true?!
April 13, 9:16pm

Re: adding toe loops for gaiters
Reading comprehension is not what it use to be. Diane's words are "to help the gaiters cover the whole laced area." Got it?

In Make Your Own Gear » adding toe loops for gaiters
April 13, 8:59pm

Re: Cowboy camping and the bivy
Yes. High humidity, mist and fog a lot of the time here along the coast. Keeps the ticks out. No groundsheet. MYOG and partial to it.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cowboy camping and the bivy
April 13, 8:56pm

Re: Custom changes
Reread my post. First sentence. I actually had them leave off/out a bunch. No hip belt, robic fabric, no pole/ice axe retention, no bottle loops, no hand loops, no clip in stash pocket.

In GEAR » GG Kumo or ULA OHM 2.0
April 13, 7:28pm

Re: Could we please add a new Forum for the The Natural World, for discussion of flora, fauna, geology?
File a support ticke and PM Roger to get this done. Posting here only will most likely yield no results. That is how I got the hammock forum going here.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Could we please add a new Forum for the The Natural World, for discussion of flora, fauna, geology?
April 13, 3:40pm

PIF NG Topo! Disc for CA Mac '03
Well in the recycling it goes...

In Gear Swap » PIF NG Topo! Disc for CA Mac '03
April 13, 7:59am

Re: Jackson State Forest
Anyone been yet?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Jackson State Forest?
April 13, 7:39am

All Reader Reviews by Ken T.

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am