Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken T. (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than to be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken T.

Showing 121 - 130 of 9433 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...944

Forum » Thread

Re: Gentrified?
Buying quality gear only stings once.

In GEAR » Gentrified?
May 07, 7:40am

Ever break your titanium pot?
This statement from another thread has me curious. "Ti is also a bit more brittle than aluminum. They tend to break much easier than aluminum will (al just dents easier.)" I have ne...

In GEAR » Ever break your titanium pot?
May 07, 7:30am

Re: name confusion
It's the other David Thomas... nm.

In Gear Swap » MLD Burn large and Evernew 1.3L Ti-Tri Caldera Cone
May 07, 7:24am

Re: Pack Lids as fanny packs
"Fanny has a different meaning in Ireland so I try not to use the word." And Bum Bag doesn't sound great on this side of the pond. Same language +1 with Dave Thomas. I'...

In Multiple Use Gear » Pack Lids as fanny packs
May 07, 7:08am

Re: The Air Ambulance Story Continues
23 million people in Oz with gov't healthcare. 38.8 in California alone. Many with no insurance whatsoever and a hospitals for profit. Apples and oranges comparison.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Air Ambulance Story Continues
May 06, 9:43pm

Re: Relax-A-Fire Firestarters Lightweight, Quick, and Safe
Here is a clickable LINK Sent e-mail Thank You.

In Gear Deals » Relax-A-Fire Firestarters Lightweight, Quick, and Safe
May 06, 9:32pm

Re: REI and Brett.
Another clickable thread title that's not worth the trouble. Brett you are an incredibly hard to please consumer. I've read your posts through the years and man, you have unrealistic expect...

In GEAR » Never buying from REI again
May 06, 7:40pm

Re: Telescope Peak Conditions - April 29th
+1 with both of Bob's comments. Had to crank the audio on the computer all the way up to hear you. And then quickly back down for the music. Too bad it was so hazy there for you.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Telescope Peak Conditions - April 29th
May 06, 4:54pm

Re: ExLight vs. Arcteryx Cerium SL
I have the free time. So here's the OPs latest try on the dead bird jacket. Includes trolls mudslinging

In GEAR » Warmth - ExLight vs. Arcteryx Cerium SL
May 06, 2:48pm

Re. I'm ashamed
Quasar is 8.4oz. Quasar Hoody 13.1oz

In GEAR » I'm ashamed of you, BPL'ers
May 06, 7:27am

All Reader Reviews by Ken T.

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am