BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 121 - 130 of 7877 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...788

Forum » Thread

Re: Pure rant
Whatever. Matthew Perry rule applied. Oddly enough it was Justin's avatar that pushed me over the edge. And I avoid Justin's posts like the plague generally.

In Chaff » Pure rant
June 30, 11:42am

Re: WTB: Hiking poles
New to poles. I would suggest the carbon fiber ones they sell at Costco.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Hiking poles
June 30, 11:24am

Re: Backpacking 8000 miles around the perimeter of the US on Amtrak
I took the train from LA to Jacksonville right after 9/11. I could not believe how slow we went. I don't think we ever saw more than 50 mph on the whole journey. I would love to see a resurgen...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking 8000 miles around the perimeter of the US on Amtrak
June 30, 11:11am

Re: WTB: Hiking poles
fixed length? 2,3 or 4 section? adjustable? carbon or aluminum? straps? baskets? cork grips or plastic? flick locks or twist?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Hiking poles
June 30, 11:08am

Re: BA vs QD
"I am sure in time I will get into an UL tarp type shelter." If you are looking to purchase a shelter now why not take the jump?

In GEAR » BA Copper Spur 2UL vs. REI 1/4 Dome T2
June 30, 10:42am

Pure rant
Finally after 10+ years I had to switch the avatars off. I know it is my problem and not theirs. But some are just so awful. I really wish we had a friend and foe setting like HF where you...

In Chaff » Pure rant
June 30, 10:36am

Re: Esbit cleanup
Hexamine is prepared by the reaction of formaldehyde and ammonia. In an acid environment hexamine is converted to toxic formaldehyde, which is their main hazard for toxicity by ingestion.

In Editor's Roundtable » Still My Favorite Cook Kit
June 30, 10:07am

Re: New ZPacks Jacket
Black is beautiful People are depressing. Color is not. Needs a longer torso.

In GEAR » ZPacks Rain Jacket updated to ZPacks Challenge Rain Jacket
June 30, 9:39am

Re: Conversation-NOT
I would offend her with brutal honesty and tell her she makes me crazy when she does that. Bet you only have to do it once. She'll get over it, or not. Who cares, she's a bore. If it...

In Chaff » Conversation-NOT
June 30, 9:31am

Re: Personal hygene (the naughty spot question)
I don't usually see any personal hygene threads on here so I thought I'd ask a couple questions :). This is your week then. Clean and a classic. 04 Article

In GEAR » Personal hygene (the naughty spot question)
June 30, 9:13am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 08, 6:44am