BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 121 - 130 of 8058 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...806

Forum » Thread

Re: Recipes? Contest? Jetboil Joule? Giveaway?Communication?
July 9th has long past. What is going on with the contest and recipes? Typical poor communication, sorry to say.

In Editor's Roundtable » BPL GROUP COOKING Recipe Contest: Jetboil Joule Giveaway
August 04, 7:38am

Re:
No Ben The lack of self control is a bad thing. Being charged the same for less, not good either.

In GEAR » Time to panic
August 03, 10:48pm

Re: tarptent sold
You edit your first post to reflect that it was sold. There is no remove.

In Gear Swap » tarptent contrail for sale
August 03, 10:16pm

Re: Time to panic
It's great that Nalgenes don't change

In GEAR » Time to panic
August 03, 9:16pm

Re: A twist on cold oatmeal for quick breakfast
+1 on cookies for breakfast. I miss those heavy, delicious oatmeal cookies from Dudley's Bakery in Santa Ysabel.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cold oatmeal replacement for quick breakfast
August 03, 4:41pm

Re: "40 Below Overboots"??
Google is your friend 40Below

In GEAR » Winter Camping questions: Long sleeping bags, wet gear, overboots and light weight trail runners
August 03, 4:16pm

Re: Forest Fire
Some hikes that were shaded are no longer. I have to start earlier. Canister stoves or going no cook more often due to restrictions. More blackened dead trees to look at. Related reading. Wa...

In Chaff » Forest Fire
August 02, 11:42pm

Re: Attaching a Bivy to a Tarp
But what if you using a bivy made by someone else? Easy enough to include the hook during construction. So why not do so? Best solution I've heard of is a hole just big enough for the shoc...

In GEAR » Attaching a Bivy to a Tarp
August 02, 10:56pm

Re: John Muir Trail 7/11-7/24
I appreciate the time and effort it took to post this most excellent trip report. Great trip and a nice, natural writing style. Photos are good too.

In Post-Trip Reports » John Muir Trail 7/11-7/24
August 02, 7:36pm

Re: WTB: Bushcraft knife / Benchmade Hidden Canyon Hunter
No, don't like those tall blades Esee Izula won't do. Want a nicer handle. I will stick with a Scandinavian design. That should at least narrow the search field.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Bushcraft knife
August 02, 7:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 08, 6:44am