Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Egelhoff (kegelhoff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southern Cal
About Me Hiking for about 10 years now. First started carring a 80+ pound pack and now I'm down to about 18 lbs. for a five day trip!
CityEncinitas
StateCA
My PDF Gear ListFood list for 9 day hike- revised AGAIN

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Egelhoff

Showing 121 - 130 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: SUL Rigid Frame Packs
Bill, Hoping that 2009 is a better year for you and you are able to get in a few great hikes. I really enjoy reading up on all the great super light weight gear you make and would REALLY like to ...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL External Frame / 1-1-2009I started making another SUL External Pack Frame on New Years Day. My goal is a frame similar to the modified Harrier Frame I have been working on but that weighs closer to one pound or less. The old frame was made to carr
January 30, 12:14pm

Re: Z-packs Blast 26
Steven, You BETTER show us some pictures of your fully loaded pack next time you head out !!! Can't wait to see it in action! Thanks !!! Kevin

In GEAR » Z-packs Blast 26
January 23, 10:16am

Got a chance to test out the new Carbon frame today carrying 34 lbs. I added a small piece of foam at the neck portion and a small piece of foam at the middle lower back portion. I filled up a 5 ...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL External Frame / 1-1-2009I started making another SUL External Pack Frame on New Years Day. My goal is a frame similar to the modified Harrier Frame I have been working on but that weighs closer to one pound or less. The old frame was made to carr
January 22, 5:51pm

Bill, I was thinking about your opening statement about taking 10 days worth of food on a long trip being considered "Heavy Weight". The 9 day trip I did in Sept. had 18 lbs of food in ...

January 22, 9:54am

Don, The tooling I made could be revised to add a radius on ALL the apparent sharp edges. The basic tooling took a LONG time to make. In a perfect world I would have a nice aluminum tool made to...

January 21, 9:50pm

Re: SUL External Frame / 1-1-2009
Added two more photos showing the pack/stay combo. You can see the area in the second photo that I think I would add a small piece of foam too. Right now it fits perfect but I'm sure a heavy ...

January 21, 4:23pm

Thanks Bill. If I can get a few little bugs worked out I will see if I can build an extra one for you to play with. This prototype is based on a 190 lb 6'2" person but I think we could t...

January 21, 4:05pm

Re: Re: SUL External Frame / 1-1-2009
Completed frame on pack: Wouldn't this be a NICE complete pack with your 2.5 oz cuben pack connected to a carbon stay weighing about 7 oz!!!

January 21, 2:42pm

Bill, I just came back from a nice vacation to see your new posts. Very impressive work!! Looking forward to hearing the full test report! When you first went down this path months ago and I ...

January 21, 2:40pm

Re: Re: FS: Nunatak Arc Alpinist , x2
Thanks for the info. Sorry to see they are both the Reg. length. Being 6'1" it looks like I'm still searching for a long length quilt. Kevin

In Gear Swap » FS: Nunatak Arc Alpinist , x2
January 07, 11:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Egelhoff

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear SpinnTwinn Tarp
We just returned from a long week in the Sierra's with a group of 6 this year. We needed one additional 2 man shelter for the 80 mile hike and at the last minute decided that he SpinnTwinn tarp w...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 17, 12:10pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek 4 Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
And now they come in the oh-so-cool camo color. These are the GOLD standard in best locking, ulta light, super durable, best griped poles on the market that our group has ever used. The new carbon wr...

In Trekking Poles
May 12, 3:27pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
I own 4 high quality Down sleeping bags and this is my current go-to fav! I'm 6'1", 185 lbs., and there is plenty of room in this bag to layer up with some extra clothes IF NEEDED to get...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 22, 5:27pm

Big Agnes Clearview
I talked three people in our group of five into buying this pad for our 9 day, 80+ mile hike in the high Sierra's. Night time Temps ranged from a low of 28 deg to a high of 38 deg. All three of ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 07, 4:39pm

Inov8 RocLite 315
Just like the others reported .. these are GREAT shoes. Not a single blister after doing 80+ miles in bad weather. I think the key to these shoes is the breathability and flexablity that allows the...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 07, 4:31pm

Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus 08
I have used several GG packs in the past and this new pack is the BEST I have ever used !!! I think I own close to 5 packs and this is my new favorite go-to pack of all time. Grant sent me the new a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 07, 4:23pm

Princeton Tec EOS
I have tried four different lights over the last four years and this light is by far my new favorite. I can't see any reason to change lights for a while now. Other reviews are spot on and I had...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 07, 4:07pm

SteriPen Adventurer
Hmmmm ... for once I'm not even close in agreement to anyone ??? Having purchased two brand new units after reading several positive comments, I can't wait to RETURN them both. First I want...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 07, 4:01pm

Gossamer Gear Miniposa
I have used the new GG Miniposa for the last 6 months now on several long distance hikes and this pack was everything I had hoped it would be. Super light, easy to use, very comfy, and lots of room f...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 10, 2:31pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek Plus Poles
Five of us just returned from a 6 day, 90 mile hike on the John Muir Trail this past week. All of us had been using typical so-called light weight adjustable alum. poles in the past but we all decide...

In Trekking Poles
August 29, 11:44am