BPL Community Profile

Justin Chaussee (judach) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Earth
About Me I'd rather be fishing...
CitySuck-ramento
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSummer gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Chaussee

Showing 121 - 130 of 187 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

filtering the "gel chunks"
You can buy a small plastic vial like the ones they sell at REI, remove the screen from inside a sink faucet, and place the screen over the the opening of the new vial; that way, when you transfer ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Hand sanitizer as a fire starter
July 12, 10:21am

Re: Board Shorts For Hiking??
I actually use board shorts all the time for hiking. Walmart sells some men's board shorts that are perfect. The only thing is the built in underwear that you find in most of them is VERY unc...

In GEAR » Board Shorts For Hiking??
July 01, 9:20pm

Re: list
I've used it on a 3 day/3 night in the sonoran desert before.

In Gear Lists » new summer gear list.
June 24, 8:17pm

Re: Re: new summer gear list.
Ahhh, I knew I was forgeting something.. Duct tape! I forgot to throw some in my kit. I didn't include tweezers because there are some small ones in my swiss army knife, but a compression wr...

June 23, 1:47pm

Re: PLB
I was looking at the SPOT because the price is right and I like the feature of being able to check in from time to time and the ability to automatically save your route. I've heard mixed revie...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PLB's
June 23, 1:42pm

Re: Fav Snack
Dried bananas peanut butter M&M's raisins dried soy beans

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fav Snack
June 23, 9:17am

Re: Hand sanitizer as a fire starter
Take a bottle of gel hand sanitizer, add a little bit of salt (bout a teaspoon, maybe a little less), shake it up, and you'll end up with pure alcohol that will ignite with the smallest of spar...

In Multiple Use Gear » Hand sanitizer as a fire starter
June 23, 9:06am

PLB's
Does anyone use one of those PLB's, such as SPOT or the ACR 406?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PLB's
June 23, 8:58am

Re: Pocket Rocket or SnowPeak GigaPower?
I have a PR... Wish I bought a snowpeak instead. I think MSR hit a homerun with the Whisperlite series, but that's about it. I love my whisperlite international, hate my PR. Another downsi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pocket Rocket or SnowPeak GigaPower?
June 23, 8:26am

new summer gear list.
I'm curious on what other's carry in their first aid kit. Something tells me mine is inadequate, but I've never had to use anyting other than what I currently have packed in it... S...

June 22, 10:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Chaussee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GSI Dualist
This is a very cool system. It's not titanium, but it's still very light for what you get. Also, the price is right at around 30-40 bucks. There are two models, the dualist and the soloist....

In Cookware - Other
June 27, 3:50pm

Big Agnes Lost Ranger
I am a big guy (6'3, 330 lbs). My goal was to find a bag that would keep me warm but had enough room that I didn't feel like a sausage in a casing... This bag is great! I bought the long ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 23, 3:06pm

MSR Pocket Rocket
I've used the pocket rocket for a few years now. I rated it a 4 for the following reasons: Pro: -lightweight -easy to use/light -boils water fast in calm weather -small size fits easily in...

In Stoves - Canister
June 23, 2:26pm

GoLite Jam2
I bought this pack a few months ago after using a Kelty redwing 3100 for years. Not to discredit the Kelty since it is a very reliable and DURABLE pack, but I do not see myself using anything else ot...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 26, 8:35am

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
First off, let me say that there is NOTHING light about either one of these packs. They are not super heavy for what they are (A large daypack and an expedition/extended trip pack) but they do not fa...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 18, 11:54am

Campmor .com
The reason I went with a 5 rating for Campmor had to do with their selection of merchandise and their prices. Whenever I'm in the market for a piece of gear, I always look at campmor first. 90% ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 18, 11:30am