BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 121 - 130 of 747 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...75

Forum » Thread

Re: Heel pain
Sure sounds like plantar fasciitis, but of course nothing is like a doctor's opinion. My experience was the heel pain gets to the point that walking even short distances like 100 feet is not po...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Heel pain
July 31, 10:03am

Lywt8 Gear Lists
I'm am working to publish gear lists for trips taken over the past 4 years. I have finished 10 actually used gear lists for trips going back to 2009. They are on the journeys section of my webs...

In Gear Lists » Lywt8 Gear Lists
July 31, 8:49am

Re: Why are you not a Member of BPL?
Tony, I wanted to say thanks for starting this thread it has resulted in some great dialogue and ideas. I also wanted to thank Chris, Addie, and Ryan for providing the staff insights. I think it sh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
July 31, 6:24am

re: SUL - HOT EAST 2 Nighter
George, The list looks real solid. I hike the same region, but typically try to avoid hiking between Memorial Day and Labor Day because of the heat. But I do try to hike both of those weekends. Thi...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL - HOT EAST 2 Nighter
July 30, 6:48pm

Re: Re: Re: 7d Karo Step Sewn-Thru Quilt
tigoat sells it http://www.titaniumgoat.com/products.html

In Make Your Own Gear » 7d Karo Step Sewn-Thru Quilt
July 30, 2:30pm

Re: Best tarp under $50?
Justin, Here is what I think the same basic tarp 1.9 oz coated nylon with tabs. But it is 6'x10'. etowah_tarp It is $38 and free shipping. Looks like it might save you a few ounces....

In GEAR » Best tarp under $50?
July 30, 4:57am

Re: So much help here!
Cody, Helping each other is what makes this site so great. I have learned alot from this group so always glad to share. Thanks for the tarp compliment. Here is a link to my site which has a bunch o...

In Philosophy & Technique » Just got my first tarp... some questions come to mind
July 29, 4:56am

re: Just got my first tarp... some questions come to mind
Cody, No I slept great that night. I was high and dry. The location in the pciture is where I made my pitch. Had I pitched it where I wanted to (near the fire) I would have been flooded out. I t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Just got my first tarp... some questions come to mind
July 28, 8:20pm

re: Down quilt revisited
I agree that 2" of loft should be ok down to 30 degrees. If you are doing a draw cord footbox style quilt I would recommend increasing the length to 70" for someone 5'2" tall, if...

In Make Your Own Gear » Down quilt revisited
July 28, 7:45pm

Re: Just got my first tarp... some questions come to mind
Cody, Congrats on the tarp. Sleeping under one is a great experience. First let me say I'm a big fan of using a bivy, mainly because I use a small tarp. Secondly as Newton points out is a nice ...

July 28, 6:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.