BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 121 - 130 of 746 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...75

Forum » Thread

Lywt8 Gear Lists
I'm am working to publish gear lists for trips taken over the past 4 years. I have finished 10 actually used gear lists for trips going back to 2009. They are on the journeys section of my webs...

In Gear Lists » Lywt8 Gear Lists
July 31, 8:49am

Re: Why are you not a Member of BPL?
Tony, I wanted to say thanks for starting this thread it has resulted in some great dialogue and ideas. I also wanted to thank Chris, Addie, and Ryan for providing the staff insights. I think it sh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
July 31, 6:24am

re: SUL - HOT EAST 2 Nighter
George, The list looks real solid. I hike the same region, but typically try to avoid hiking between Memorial Day and Labor Day because of the heat. But I do try to hike both of those weekends. Thi...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL - HOT EAST 2 Nighter
July 30, 6:48pm

Re: Re: Re: 7d Karo Step Sewn-Thru Quilt
tigoat sells it http://www.titaniumgoat.com/products.html

In Make Your Own Gear » 7d Karo Step Sewn-Thru Quilt
July 30, 2:30pm

Re: Best tarp under $50?
Justin, Here is what I think the same basic tarp 1.9 oz coated nylon with tabs. But it is 6'x10'. etowah_tarp It is $38 and free shipping. Looks like it might save you a few ounces....

In GEAR » Best tarp under $50?
July 30, 4:57am

Re: So much help here!
Cody, Helping each other is what makes this site so great. I have learned alot from this group so always glad to share. Thanks for the tarp compliment. Here is a link to my site which has a bunch o...

In Philosophy & Technique » Just got my first tarp... some questions come to mind
July 29, 4:56am

re: Just got my first tarp... some questions come to mind
Cody, No I slept great that night. I was high and dry. The location in the pciture is where I made my pitch. Had I pitched it where I wanted to (near the fire) I would have been flooded out. I t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Just got my first tarp... some questions come to mind
July 28, 8:20pm

re: Down quilt revisited
I agree that 2" of loft should be ok down to 30 degrees. If you are doing a draw cord footbox style quilt I would recommend increasing the length to 70" for someone 5'2" tall, if...

In Make Your Own Gear » Down quilt revisited
July 28, 7:45pm

Re: Just got my first tarp... some questions come to mind
Cody, Congrats on the tarp. Sleeping under one is a great experience. First let me say I'm a big fan of using a bivy, mainly because I use a small tarp. Secondly as Newton points out is a nice ...

July 28, 6:16pm

Re: Sleeping Bag Recommendations
Robert, I've used a good number of bags, quilts, and made my own. One of my interests lately has been "value" gear. How to buy outfit folks with good gear and do so with little money....

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Sleeping Bag Recommendations
July 28, 5:03am

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.