Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 121 - 130 of 1086 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...109

Forum » Thread

Franken Deuter-Exped Lightning 60
Well I am finished with my pack. My initial plan to use the frame, hipbelt, and shoulder straps from the Deuter Kid Comfort was a bust. Those 3 components were simply too heavy - I think around 28o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pack Fabric Selection
April 14, 7:37pm

Re: Person/Outfit that will make cuben tent fly to replace sil?
What tent are you looking to have a cuben fly made for? Dan Durston made a cuben tent fly some years ago. Maybe you could make your own: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglig...

In GEAR » Person/Outfit that will make cuben tent fly to replace sil?
April 13, 6:37pm

Re: Big Sky International Chinook and Revolution 1P tents
You may have seen this already, but Big Sky has a FAQ page: http://www.bigskyinternational.com/faq.htm#Which_is_better_-_Evolution_or_Convertible_series It says the Chinook and Revolution h...

In GEAR » Big Sky International Chinook and Revolution
April 13, 8:07am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Review: ZPacks Duplex
That weight was for a non-waterproof #3 zip. The materials section on ZPacks has all the weights. Since the zipper would only be over the vestibule, I don't think waterproof would be needed nor...

In GEAR » Review: ZPacks Duplex
April 11, 7:27pm

Re: Zippers
Not likely. A #3 zipper weighs 0.33oz/yard. A slider weighs 0.08 oz. A 1/2-inch buckle would work fine. Those weigh 3g each. You'd be looking at 1-1.5oz total to add zippers to both sides

April 11, 3:17pm

Re: Open and close doors from inside
Do any Plex owners think a standard zippered door would be better? By the time you add in the extra hardware for the current door design, I think it would weigh about the same as a zipper

April 11, 2:46pm

Re: Ads
I haven't seen any inappropriate ads lately. I saw this ad from Lexus - I wonder if they are specifically targeting BPL?

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
April 08, 3:27pm

Arrived
My stove arrived today. It shipped Feb 25th. The package says it shipped by "Air Mail". I suppose that must mean "hot air balloon". For $15 shipped from China though, I shouldn&...

In Editor's Roundtable » BRS-3000T stove Spotlite Review
April 07, 6:27pm

Re: Re: Silpoly 20Dx50D floor material?
Thanks for the reply, Kyle. I might be making another inner tent soon. I had assumed the SilPoly would be too thin, but it sounds like it might be fine. The higher HH would be nice though

In Make Your Own Gear » Silpoly 20Dx50D floor material?
April 06, 5:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Silpoly 20Dx50D floor material?
Kyle, I am curious about the "20Dx50D" construction. Does this mean you have 20D fibers in one direction and 50D fibers in the perpendicular direction? What is the effect of this ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silpoly 20Dx50D floor material?
April 03, 10:25am

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.