Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 121 - 130 of 1069 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...107

Forum » Thread

Re: cable cutters for freeing dogs from snares
How is it legal to place snares so close to trails? I thought most traps were designed to be dis-engaged without cutting anything. Suggesting that people carry cable cutters to free your dog is ...

In GEAR » cable cutters for freeing dogs from snares
April 01, 12:26pm

Re: Re: I've drunk the 'Mid koolaid
How about a Borah Gear Borahgami? http://borahgear.com/borahgami.html I am not sure if they are still making it any more (you would have to ask them), and I think it would be cramped for two...

In GEAR » Lightweight shelter for two in desert
March 31, 3:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Can't do the black...
If you email ZPacks, they might make you an Arc Haul in hybrid cuben. Or offer to mail them some other fabric of your choice and see if they would use that to make your pack. I haven't found pa...

In GEAR » ZPacks Arc Haul
March 30, 9:11pm

Re: thanks
I had to email Big Sky for individual component weights of the Soul X2 - they are not listed on the website. All their 2P tents use the same basic set of 2 poles. You could email them and see if th...

March 30, 1:55pm

Re: Luke's UltraLite Argon CS90 Wind Shell Feedback
Ken, thanks for this comparison. Would you say the Luke's shell has similar water resistance as the Alpine Start?

In GEAR » Luke's UltraLite Argon CS90 Wind Shell Feedback
March 27, 9:46pm

Re: Re: Lightweight shelter for two in desert
The problem I've run into with pyramid tarps in the desert (or anywhere with hard ground) is that they can place a lot of strain on those main corner stakes (also an issue when pitching in soft...

March 27, 3:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cuben tunnel... Tested
That is a beautiful tent! Looks very well done

In Make Your Own Gear » myog mountaineering cuben tunnel tent?
March 27, 2:46pm

Pack for 30lbs
Almost every lightweight pack has 30 lbs listed as its upper limit. If you plan on rarely carrying 30 lbs, and your load will be much less most of the time, then you have lots to choose from, depen...

In GEAR » Good lightweight pack for about 30lb?
March 27, 9:21am

Re: Re: Re: Peanuts
Interesting, my water bill always reads my usage at 1000 gallons per month. I assume that's the minimum the city will bill for. My yard is small though and I don't water it (the mesquite tr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Snowpack 2015
March 25, 8:42pm

Re: Re: Unaweep-inspired internal/external hybrid pack
The pack looks great. I also have a narrow waist and found the spacing between the bolts on the Unaweep to be too far apart. I couldn't get a good wrap with the hipbelt at heavier loads, and I ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Unaweep-inspired internal/external hybrid pack
March 24, 3:45pm

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.