BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 121 - 130 of 735 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...74

Forum » Thread

Re: Heated Group Shelter + Wood Stove
I'm referring to the wood stoves with a chimney like the ones discussed here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/wood-stoves-for-backpacking-chenault.html#.U7rfbG077Mo

In GEAR » Heated Group Shelter + Wood Stove
July 07, 11:57am

Heated Group Shelter + Wood Stove
I'm planning a multi-day colder weather backpacking trip with a couple friends (expecting the high temperatures to be 45 degrees F or less). To make the evenings a little more enjoyable and to ...

In GEAR » Heated Group Shelter + Wood Stove
July 07, 11:26am

Re: weight
A third of body weight? I would keep it much lower than that

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » attaching pad to dog pack
July 06, 10:09pm

Re: Ultralight Furniture/Appliances?
Look up the tiny house movement. Lots of ideas.

In GEAR » Ultralight Furniture/Appliances?
July 01, 2:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Went away
I think there are two keys to using a non-full-length pad: 1. Use other items to insulate/cushion your lower legs and feet (ex: pack or sit pad) 2. Camp on softer or more insulated ground (ex...

In GEAR » Torso vs. full length pad
June 22, 1:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Emigrant Wilderness 6/13 - 6/15
I enjoyed your pictures. I didn't know there were any spots to camp near Camp Lake. The fish were really active there. On 6/2 this year, I crossed Cherry Creek and it was knee deep.

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness 6/13 - 6/15
June 20, 10:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Double Hang
With the PCT method, I am not tying off to any tree. The bear can come and gnaw on the line hanging down all it wants and it won't affect my food bag. My food food bag is suspended midway betwe...

In GEAR » Best UL rope for food hanging/multi-purpose?
June 20, 9:26pm

Re: Double Hang
I use the ZPacks line. Slides over branches very well. "Double hang, done right, is superior to the PCT at keeping bears from food." Curious, what makes the double hang superior ...

In GEAR » Best UL rope for food hanging/multi-purpose?
June 19, 3:24pm

Re: Re: Rev 2 - Trying a Hex
The photos above are from my first pitch (before I added in peak reinforcement of 210D Oxford).

In Make Your Own Gear » 5-Sided Pyramid Tent - Almost Done
June 18, 7:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Rev 2 - Trying a Hex
Thanks, I will go with a #5 zipper then. I actually found the 3.5 inch deflection to be okay (or just a little too much) at the 90 degree corners of the pyramid tarp (where the fabric changes di...

In Make Your Own Gear » 5-Sided Pyramid Tent - Almost Done
June 18, 4:24pm

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.