Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

James Klein (jnklein21) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me James Klein has not added a biography yet.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Klein

Showing 121 - 130 of 463 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...47

Forum » Thread

Re: People are losing track of the OP
No bivy will do what you are wanting very well in this range of situations. This might suck the least at accomplishing the things you want: http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped_homepage_int.n...

In GEAR » Most Breathable Bivy?
March 06, 1:31pm

Re: Traction devices for minimalist shoes?
Someone here mentioned using thickish braided rope for light traction and it working pretty well. I have no idea how comfortable it would be with your shoes or how well it would work for your expe...

In GEAR » Traction devices for minimalist shoes?
March 06, 8:37am

Re: Most Breathable Bivy?
I am trying to nail down exactly what you are looking for here...I think you are too. You mention: 1)you are going to use the T.S. tarp when the weather is too nasty for the hammock or no trees...

March 05, 12:30pm

Re: Alright, looks like I need to be clear...
Pertex makes wpb stuff -- pertex shield I believe. http://www.integraldesigns.com/product_detail.cfm?id=893

March 04, 2:11pm

Re: Question about MYOG synthetic quilt construction
I sewed 3 sides of shell then stuffed the cut to size insulation. I worked well enough but I decided if I ever do it again - I would preform the normal way. The newspaper idea posted by Jake soun...

In Make Your Own Gear » Question about MYOG synthetic quilt construction
March 04, 9:26am

Re: Re: James
My point more against mosquito netting type fabric and only if it was a on the footbox end I have no clue how much colder. Just that it would be colder. I don't think the will be much of a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » More bivy mod brainstorming: cotton or nylon?
March 01, 2:39pm

Re: Re: James and Mike
Maybe tyvek would be a good option (i don't know much about tyvek. I don't know about Sweeden but here you can get tyvek envelopes from the post office. I have a feeling if you add ...

March 01, 10:48am

Recomendation
I have a feeling cotton or nylon will make no difference in this application vs the stock M50. If the bivy was exposed to very windy conditions, maybe you'd see less condensation (but you'...

March 01, 8:39am

crowds
I went in late july a few years back. I would say after getting a few miles from the trail we saw probably 15 ppl over the 5days. We only to share a campsite one of the 4 nights. Was a wonde...

In Pre-Trip Planning » August 4 pass loop
February 28, 7:57pm

Re: Strength training to lighten the load
Piper, good for you.

In Philosophy & Technique » Strength training to lighten the load
February 25, 2:54pm

All Reader Reviews by James Klein

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Antig Outdoors Antig Outdoors
I recently purchased some mechandise from Anig outdoors and noticed there was no review, so here goes... I learned of the site from some of member Jeff Antig's posts (guessing he's the owne...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 6:42pm