Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jennifer ross (jenhifive) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Norcal
About Me Hey, I'm looking for tips to go lighter and ideas for more trips. I've only been backpacking for 4 years and just recently realized my pack could've been MUCH lighter. I usually do two 9 day trips, three 5 day trips and a few weekend trips a year so I'd like to make the most out of the little time I have. I need to branch out of the same 'ol romps I frequent.
CityMarysville
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jennifer ross

Showing 121 - 130 of 143 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Wrightsocks dual layer socks
Love them. I always get blisters and I can't rave enough about these socks. For me smartwool socks make the blisters worse and if there's enough rub they break down very easily. My hiking p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First real hike in trail runners... Blisters
September 21, 8:10pm

Tips
Ticks galore. I've only hade two ticks embed my skin and both were on the lost coast trail. Do wear light colored pants and apply deet. We had to do tick checks after everytime we went through ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Lost Coast Trails Trip Set For Next Week (6/5-6/9) -- Any Info Appreciated
September 21, 5:34pm

Lockers and such
You can leave your stuff at the backpackers parking lot in the bear boxes. Just put your stuff in a big paper bag with your name, departure and return date. I can't say it's impossible b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 5 Day Yosemite Trip
September 21, 4:40pm

Addicting, right?
Every long hike I've done I haven't wanted to come back and I try to think of ways I can change my life to backpack more. I go at least 4x a year and you can tell when it's been too lon...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking versus Thru-hiking
September 21, 4:09pm

small mammals
Is what this guy says he wants to shoot. My dogs are small mammals. If you can't discharge it why bring it? As for the signs, I just hiked the JMT that goes through Yosemite, Sierra Natl., john...

In Chaff » ultralight revolver
September 20, 11:56pm

Every entrance sign to every trail
No firearms. And usually no dogs or fires. This is not fear that someone is going to purposely shoot me or try to harm me so I'm not planning on learning hand to hand combat or carrying a la...

September 20, 11:11pm

Set in fear
Maybe it's the news or internet but every single time I tell co-workers, friends, or family members that I'll be in the wilderness and out of touch for a while I always get questions or sha...

In Chaff » Oh dear. Is it the economy?
September 20, 11:01pm

Noobs
Some people that are new to backpacking and are non-ULers do bring a change of clothes for everyday since they're only out for 2-3 days. I saw people at trail camp near mount whitney with CHAIR...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking versus Thru-hiking
September 20, 10:39pm

Beathability or weight?
I like pit zips but I don't know if it's worth two more ounces of zippers to you.

In GEAR » LW Rain Jacket
September 20, 10:16pm

Parks don't allow guns
for a reason.... Now when I pass someone on the trail I'll wonder if they're "packing". Is it really common for backpackers to bring guns because I'll start bringing an or...

September 20, 10:03pm

All Reader Reviews by jennifer ross

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Thermarest Neo-Air
I used a prolite 3 for years (12-13 oz) and thought it was comfortable enough until I got a neoair. I love that I don't have to fuss anymore about clearing every stick and stone before i set up ca...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 23, 9:19pm

REI Sub Kilo 15* Ladies Regular
I bought this sleeping bag in Juneish and returned it after being stuck with it on the jmt. I loathed this bag. The seams didn't hold so feathers were everywhere, the zipper sticks 80% of the...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
September 26, 10:07pm