Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jed Augustine (jaugusti) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Appalachians/Rockies
About Me Student at the University of Chicago. I don't have much time to backpack, so I want to make my kit as simple and easy to go as possible. I am interested in the cathartic effects of spending time in the wilderness and its application in therapy and counseling.
CityAtlanta
StateGA
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListJed's UL 1 Week 3 Season List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jed Augustine

Showing 121 - 130 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Precip pretty good
I spent 4 years in the Precip using it as my frontcountry and backcountry rainjackets. If you aren't expecting torrential downpours on your trips, the precip does fine. You'll sweat, indeed...

In GEAR » Precip or Virga?
March 10, 4:03pm

Re: Re: New weights for Ray Way quilt - data on synthetics
Maybe this is the thread David is referring to, with all of the great graphs contributed by Richard: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/9637/index.html?sk...

In Make Your Own Gear » New weights for Ray Way quilt
March 09, 6:36pm

Finishing Sleep System - Spring-Fall; Appalachians, Rockies... FRANCE?!
Dear all- I am trying to figure out the last details of my sleep system. This is for weekend to week long trips, in the Appalachians, the Rockies, and France. The ?! in the subject title is beca...

In GEAR » Finishing Sleep System - Spring-Fall; Appalachians, Rockies... FRANCE?!
March 09, 6:31pm

Tommy- news on the stove?
Hey Tommy- I was wondering if you had made progress on your stove. Inquiring minds want to know! I hope all is well

In Make Your Own Gear » Wood stove that uses a Heny pot?
March 08, 3:56pm

Poles
PM sent re: Komperdell poles

In Gear Swap » Mont-Bell, Rab, etc for sale
March 06, 9:42am

Re: Info on Stix
Wow! Komperdell! Man I hope I can wrangle the funds to get these...

In GEAR » New BPL carbon Stix
March 05, 11:17pm

Questions
I'd like to hear 1. explained and 2. and 3. substantiated: 1. "we've commissioned an industry leader in carbon fiber ski pole manufacturing" Who? 2. "weight ratio un...

In GEAR » New BPL carbon Stix
March 05, 6:38pm

Layering w/ Marmot Hydrogen Reg
Hey y'all- Do Marmot Hydrogen users find they have much room for layering? Thanks! Jed

In GEAR » Layering w/ Marmot Hydrogen Reg
March 03, 11:19am

PM Sent
PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Hydrogen
March 03, 10:20am

Mariposa Plus Users: Long Term Durability?
Dear Mariposa Plus users- What have y'all found about the long term durability of your Mariposa Plus packs? How long and how well do they hold up to use? Thanks!

In GEAR » Mariposa Plus Users: Long Term Durability?
February 29, 12:08am

All Reader Reviews by Jed Augustine

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
I'm partial too, though not from Seattle. Growing up in Atlanta there are not many places to go within the city that can excite you about the outdoors, but whenever the parents told me we were ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 22, 1:44pm