Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 121 - 130 of 7202 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...721

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Steripen Classic 3: Spotlite Review - question
"Yes, I see about the NiMH as well - the key word there is 'economical'. That's because they are rechargeable. Me, I go for the lithiums." Yup, economical. I also prefer th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Steripen Classic 3: Spotlite Review
February 15, 10:04pm

Rare Wolf Population Rose for the 4th Year in a Row
Feb 13 (Reuters) - The number of imperiled wolves found only in the American Southwest climbed to 109 in 2014, marking the fourth consecutive year that the population of Mexican gray wolves has ris...

In On the Web » Rare Wolf Population Rose for the 4th Year in a Row
February 15, 3:52pm

Re: Re: Re:Starvation
In the end, I'd imagine the root cause, even if not the direct cause, of his death was starvation. The starvation weakened him so significantly, that other 'things' (that's a scient...

In On the Web » How Chris McCandless Died: An Update
February 15, 3:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Steripen Classic 3: Spotlite Review - question
Hi Roger, Sure, here's a pic of a piece of paper that was in the battery compartment of the Classic 3 I bought yesterday. Under "Battery Information:" . "As to whether &...

February 15, 2:31pm

Re: Steripen Classic 3: Spotlite Review - question
Roger, A comment and a question. "Use of AA lithium batteries: ... The Classic 3 weighs 141 g with four lithium AA batteries inside it, and the batteries are good for about 150 L treatme...

February 15, 7:40am

Re: How do you organize your gear?
Organize? LOL!

In GEAR » How do you organize your gear?
February 14, 11:30am

Re: Re: Re: Re: BPL website v2015 survey?
"I have not bothered to read any mail from Bpl in a long while as it only adds to my disappointment" I'm the same way with email from Match.com...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL website v2015 survey
February 14, 9:40am

Re: Re: Bear Spray...
"I don't think double blind crossover experiments involving humans would make it past the ethics committee." LOL!

In GEAR » Weight of Counter Assault Bear Spray and Holster
February 14, 9:21am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It just doesn't compute
Are you talking about the shooting at SCE Irwindale in 2011? I'll assume you are since that's the only thing that turns up when I google SCE shooting. I'll start by saying I don&#...

In Chaff » Office Politics
February 14, 7:53am

Re: Re: Re: OMG
"I'll stick with nutella" I had Nutella when I lived in Germany. Tasty stuff. But since then I shy away from palm oil and dairy.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » OMG this stuff is so fricking good
February 13, 9:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am