BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 121 - 130 of 6132 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Meanwhile in Venezuela
"I don't feel bad making a comment no matter what my buddy Doug says." Nor should you Jerry. Nor do I, generally, feel bad about the posts I make. The world, she does keep on spinn...

In Chaff » Meanwhile in Venezuela
February 28, 9:06pm

Re: Hope your day went better than mine!!!
WTF did you do! Damn Jack, I couldn't help but scrunch my face all up looking at that!

In Chaff » Hope your day went better than mine!!!
February 28, 9:01pm

Re: lightweight fleece hoodie or really light down parka
What size are you?

In GEAR » lightweight fleece hoodie or really light down parka
February 28, 11:28am

Re: Warm hiker, cold camper layering question
What do you carry for rain gear?

In GEAR » Warm hiker, cold camper layering question
February 27, 4:15pm

Re: Re: Re: ad hominems
"So, if you are comfortable still saying I'm wrong then I'm comfortable still saying that you are wrong. :P" I accept! And yes, I was all snarky, it's a bad habit. But I st...

February 27, 3:40pm

Re: ad hominems
""You're falling into the liberal habit of defining anyone's disagreement with you are some sort of defect (or stupidity) on their part. Doug and Tom do this a lot, too."&quo...

February 27, 3:20pm

Do not adjust your dial, this is only a test....

In User Test Forum » Do not adjust your dial, this is only a test....
February 26, 2:15pm

Re: Re: Not really
"You're falling into the liberal habit of defining anyone's disagreement with you are some sort of defect (or stupidity) on their part. Doug and Tom do this a lot, too." Ummmmm...

February 26, 8:18am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pigs and fountains
"In freezing temps, I can't seem dry wool layers under my insulation fast enough either and need to change out of them asap." I'm the same way, which is why I stopped wearing w...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 25, 6:22pm

Re: I suppose..
If my recent order arrives from the UK in time, I'll test this in Michigan next week. I plan on my Cap4 being my base layer. I'll wear a fleece over that and a wind shirt over that for part...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 25, 6:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am