BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 121 - 130 of 6610 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...661

Forum » Thread

Re: Rick Perry Indicted
"my inner skeptic wonders if this is politically motivated." From what I've read so far, it's not so much politically motivated as it is Rick Perry showing yet again what a dum...

In Chaff » Rick Perry Indicted
August 15, 6:05pm

Re: Re: Re: chaff
I guess the real question becomes: is this the right knife to bring to a forum fight? It's self-sharpening - unlike much of the arguing within the forum, which gets duller with each post, so...

In Editor's Roundtable » Martin Titanium Knife
August 14, 8:54pm

Re: Libertarians
Another interesting article: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/08/an-opening-for-libertarians-to-be-a-significant-force-in-us-politics/375972/ "I'd make a more modest ...

In Chaff » Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?
August 14, 8:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: U.S. "Humanitarian " Bombing of Iraq: a redundant presidential ritual.
"Obama actually did it" Very, very poorly, unfortunately. Like those before him, he did what was politically expedient instead of doing what was right, because doing what was right wou...

In Chaff » The case for foreign policy restraint. ( not to be confused with isolationism)
August 13, 1:34pm

Re: head in the sand
"Obama's foreign policies have been an unmitigated disaster." I agree completely. Then again, you'd have to go back quite far before you'd find an administration who's ...

In Chaff » The case for foreign policy restraint. ( not to be confused with isolationism)
August 13, 1:23pm

Re: Re: U.S. "Humanitarian " Bombing of Iraq: a redundant presidential ritual.
"W occupied Irag for many years with no withdrawal plan" Sigh. Actually, when Obama withdrew the last troops in Dec. 2011, he was following the deal Bush signed, it wasn't his own ...

August 13, 1:22pm

Re: Re: Looking for New Product Feedback- Camp Chairs
"Looks like the stool Doug had made a while back." Chris Zimmer made the seat for me, I got the cuben poles from Josh at Ruta Locura and put it together. Mine weighed a bit over 5 oz. ...

In GEAR » Looking for New Product Feedback- Camp Chairs
August 13, 12:53pm

Re: Some questions about winter camping in the Sierras.
Okay, now I'll actually try to be helpful. RE: Will a floorless shelter that provides 360 degrees of protection (like a duomid) be sufficient or will I need an actual 4 season mountaineering...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Some questions about winter camping in the Sierras.
August 12, 9:34pm

Re: Some questions about winter camping in the Sierras.
An anecdote that's not too recent, not too old, but just right..... I once went camping in the winter. It was cold. The end.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Some questions about winter camping in the Sierras.
August 12, 9:28pm

Re: Chipotle powder
Best I've had in this vein is Sonoma Williams smoked serrano chili powder. Smoky and smokin', and tasty too.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sriracha warning too all!!
August 12, 7:07am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am