Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steve S (idahosteve) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me Left the climbing arena recently, and am now lightening my load in anticipation of wandering all over the high country!
StateIdaho
My Website URLhttp://www.getlostoffroad.com
My PDF Gear Listshr gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve S

Showing 121 - 130 of 286 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: SHR trip report Aug 15th - 31st
Hannes, congrats! way to go! Glad that your later start worked out for you. I was dissapointed in not being able to do the route, but am glad of the portion I did do. Everything you touched on I...

In Post-Trip Reports » SHR trip report Aug 15th - 31st
September 08, 5:12pm

Re: How many packs do you own?
Oh my! Probably with some of the older but still usable ones about 8, or nine, maybe 10 :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many packs do you own?
August 26, 6:51am

Re: SHR
way to go on doing the southern section! I know that the route is extremely physical. I was actually surprised at that. I do a lot of off trail hiking, and I was amazed at the scope of the terrain ...

In Post-Trip Reports » SHR trip report
August 23, 4:15pm

Re: SHR
If I had more experience in Sierra's, ie lived down there, and gone ahead with the trip knowing the snow depths, I would have changed two things. First I would have gone with a more technical a...

August 18, 10:05am

Full trip report with photos
OK, I've finally been able to spend some time and download/re-size pictures from my SHR trip. I've polished up the trip report, summaries, and other info and have it all posted on my websi...

August 17, 4:32pm

Re: Sun cups
LOL!I'm almost thru with getting pics posted on my trip report, I'll make sure to post it when its done; yeah, the sun cups were pretty interresting! A couple of spots farther south, ie lik...

August 16, 10:09pm

Re: SHR trip report
I've posted a detailed trip report on my web site; www.getlostoffroad.com, and also included a synopsis of my gear and what worked and what didn't. I'll have some pictures up in another...

August 15, 9:39pm

muir pass
no, our loads were very light. I think that going N to S had a lot to do with it. Also haveing done 50+ miles in the last 3 days had us worn down. The worst was just the constant soaked and battere...

August 09, 5:45pm

SHR trip report
Well, here's the short post, with a very detailed and in depth report to follow a bit later. Left July 30 from Idaho, flew to Reno, drove down and was dropped off at Onion Valley that late a...

August 09, 5:21pm

Re: JMT/SHR
Hey, good luck and safe hiking! I'm flying to Reno Saturday, hiking from Onion Valley over to Kings Canyon, and then Royal and I start the SHR on Monday the 1st! Looking forward to some fun !~!~!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » JMT/SHR
July 27, 8:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak LiteMax
I decided to go with the cannister stove out of familarity instead of alcohol. I'm a new UL user, transitioning from a technical climbing background. The old MSR gas stoves were our mainstay for m...

In Stoves - Canister
July 12, 8:39am