BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 121 - 130 of 1653 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...166

Forum » Thread

Forget the schnozzle
I'll stay opted for the cut down schnozzle, as the original was way too long. When it's freezing ash cold out, I don't care to linger doing this job with my full size XTherm, using a s...

In Multiple Use Gear » Schnozzle schmozzle
February 28, 11:49am

Schnozzle schmozzle
I used mine just one time as a stuff sack, had a couple small "expanded" spots, so I only use it for blowing up my XTherm on winter trips, not as a stuff sack anymore. Duane

In Multiple Use Gear » Schnozzle schmozzle
February 27, 6:51pm

CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
Some run off from the last storm a few weeks ago, per the raised water level in the creek running thru my property on the Plumas. With the thawed out ground now due to the warm weather, hopefully ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
February 27, 9:01am

Shelter for the Tall/Shaving weight
I had the ZPacks solo Hex tent last summer. At 6' and depending on proper setup, at times I could have my head touching the tent. A slight adjustment in my angle in my sb would solve that or r...

In GEAR » Shelter for the Tall/Shaving weight
February 27, 6:52am

Still having issues
No change early in the AM I see still. Duane

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Slow Page Loads
February 26, 9:00am

WTB: Flat, cuben tarp, 7' X 9'
Bump. Still looking. Taped seam. Duane

In Gear Swap » WTB: Flat, cuben tarp, 7' X 9'
February 26, 6:50am

Trangia
I bought a part from a small company in Utah a few years ago. In their parts section, found a Trangia lid that was non-stick. Over my old MSR stoves it can still cause food to stick, I'm gues...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » ditching the pot for a skillet
February 25, 8:23pm

REI Claus is Coming to Town!!!
I'll request a check in July to get refunded money I've spent at cottage gear companies. ZPacks, EE. Duane

In GEAR » REI Claus is Coming to Town!!!
February 25, 11:35am

Did Joe (ZPacks) come close to nailing it with his bivy?
In the heat of summer, I'll leave the bivy at home, it will just be too hot, even up north here. I think more in the shoulder seasons when there are still a few mosquitos out and the ants, plu...

In GEAR » Did Joe (ZPacks) come close to nailing it with his bivy?
February 24, 9:18pm

Did Joe (ZPacks) come close to nailing it with his bivy?
I was looking at bivies again the last three to four days, thought about a number of small companies. Borah, Katabatic, Zpacks, MLD. Never took a close look at ZPacks bivy, looked like a pretty b...

In GEAR » Did Joe (ZPacks) come close to nailing it with his bivy?
February 24, 11:44am

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.