BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 121 - 130 of 1582 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...159

Forum » Thread

Emigrant
Andrew, Aw, the beans have been spilled! :) Thank you. Nice list. We've been curious over there. The thread is up to 6 pages just in one day. And, we were going with the 11 items. I gues...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14
January 14, 8:36pm

Re: Emigrant SUL
Did your group ever arrive at any # or close? I've been doing this since the early 70's, but with living in small communities and such, I've had to learn quite a bit on my own. Picked...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14
January 14, 5:56pm

Spreading the enthusiasm
I remembered this thread and stirred up some interest on another forum I belong to. Only thing I did not know, was how you counted, if you did, the number of items allowed or aimed for. Can anyone...

January 13, 8:39pm

Re: "service dog"
Just like being 60 now, I don't ask for a discount because I don't think of myself as a Seasoned citizen yet, so when I was training my late dog Pooch for SAR, I never gave it a thought to ...

In On the Web » Canine thru-hike of CDT
January 13, 6:55am

Packing evenly
I find that if I have not done a good job of packing my pack evenly, it has a big impact on shoulder comfort, even though I try to transfer weight to my hips. Currently, I have a 33 oz. (Zimmerbui...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 12, 8:27pm

GGG Parking Lot Sale
I collect stoves and have a few extras, be nice to thin my overage. Cash, prices for GGG only. If anyone is interested in: 1. New (1999) MSR Dragonfly and new pump. $80 2. Used, clean MSR FireF...

In Gear Swap » GGG Parking Lot Sale
January 10, 9:55pm

Road to H. Coe
Thanks Michael. The online map makes it look like its miles from the freeway. Hoping to get to camp before dark or sooner Thursday. Gotta make some noise for Ken Friday AM when I fire up a coupl...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 08, 2:03pm

Directions? 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
Thank you Ken and Rex. Foreign country down there for me. I took my mom to Modesto about 8 years ago to a 50th Anniversary for a couple she knew from when we lived there. The party was at my Gra...

January 08, 9:07am

What do you do when it below zero outside
These winter nights are more than 20 minutes. I was out Christmas Eve, minus 2 or 4 by morning here in Kalifornia. I had a WM Apache 15F bag and was cool before morning, having to drag my down c...

In GEAR » What do you do when it below zero outside
January 08, 6:50am

Directions? 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
I don't care to install some new MapQuest app, so found directions/map thru Google Maps. I'll be coming from the East, down out of the mountains to 99, then to 5 from Stockton, snow permit...

January 07, 9:27pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.