BPL Community Profile

christopher smead (hamsterfish) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale hamsterfish
About Me part hamster, part fish
http://youtu.be/w5TcasqkS1I
CitySan Jose
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by christopher smead

Showing 121 - 130 of 594 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...60

Forum » Thread

Shepherds Crest/Mt Conness in Yosemite
Hey guys, I'm considering a route similar to what Bob G. suggested a few weeks back in the Yosemite Saddleback lake area. I came up with 2 options. Let me know whatcha think. I know nothin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Shepherds Crest/Mt Conness in Yosemite
April 11, 6:46pm

A marmot
If I had room to carry 2lbs, I'd use it to catch and carry home my own pet Marmot.

In GEAR » If you had 2 more lbs for free, what gear would you add?
April 11, 12:17pm

Trail camp
Thanks for all the info. It sounds like it would be a safer move to stay at trail camp....I might have to adjust my exit permit for that. I've read it can be crowded there too. Bummer...wi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Whitney zone #2
April 02, 9:38am

Hrm
Is guitar lake that crowded? Should I be considering one of the other lakes nearby? My plan was guitar lake, summit, then out to whitney portal all in the same day to avoid the trail camp...that ...

March 31, 9:58pm

Whitney zone #2
Tried to keep the title politically correct...but I have a permit to head in kearsarge exiting whitney portal this summer, and I'm a little anxious about pooping in a bag and carrying it out. ...

March 31, 2:52am

Exit via whitney portal
I'll be coming in Kearsarge and exiting whitney portal. I'd love to have a pet marmot, but the idea of one chomping a hole in my custom Zimmerbuilt pack is certainly pushing me toward just...

In GEAR » Lightest stuff sack/daypack?
March 31, 2:38am

Lightest stuff sack/daypack?
Hey all, I'm doing Whitney this summer from the west. Regarding the notorious "drop your pack" junction I'm hearing about, I was just going to bring my pack to carry camera gear...

In GEAR » Lightest stuff sack/daypack?
March 30, 10:43pm

I like Rab
Patagonia merino feels "wetter" to me when sweating, so maybe better for hot climates. Rab meco really feels like its wicking better.

In GEAR » Patagonia Merino 1 Long Sleeve tee as good as Rab Meco 120?
March 29, 11:11pm

Yep
I totally agree! I only carry it because she makes me. She likes the check-ins to know in still alive. One time while on a trip my spot II message didn't get through for 2 days. Kinda fre...

In GEAR » Whats the point of Spot Gen 3? Same weight after batteries?
March 28, 11:12pm

Haha
Yeah now that I look at this thread objectively...I paid $150 of my dividend to attempt to save 1 oz. :) #donttellmywife

In GEAR » Whats the point of Spot Gen 3? Same weight after batteries?
March 28, 9:17am

All Reader Reviews by christopher smead

christopher smead has posted no reviews.