Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

george carr (hammer-one) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Walking With The Son
About Me Enjoy UL backpacking and building stoves.
Citylindenwold
Statenew jersey
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.walkingwiththeson.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by george carr

Showing 121 - 130 of 379 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...38

Forum » Thread

re:Evernew Ti DX stove set
They're not out yet..should be any time now.

In GEAR » Evernew Ti DX stove set
February 11, 10:55am

Re:Received my Gram Weenie!
Travis, no problem. I take great pains to turn out a quality product. As far as your questions: 1)I've never used everclear,but I'm assuming you're using HEET in the yellow bottle. I...

In GEAR » Suggestions for alcohol stove for Snow Peak 450 mug
February 11, 8:38am

Re:2.2 ounce stove system
Since you gave a choice I was going to go with random gibberish, but decided on a comment instead.:P Perfect dirtbag hiker setup. Simple design, don't worry about dents, low budget. I like it.

In Make Your Own Gear » 2.2 ounce stove system
February 09, 2:19pm

Re:Pitching My Tarp Experiment :-)
Nice job on the tarp! Yes, a cantenary cut will cut down on those wrinkles, but you might want to lower the whole pitch a little (allowing you to use the front pole outside, freeing up your interio...

In GEAR » Pitching My Tarp Experiment :-)
February 06, 6:05pm

Re:Watershoes
I hike in trail runners, so after a water crossing I usually just ring out my socks, pour out the water, and in a short while my feet are dry again. I got tired of changing footwear at every crossi...

In GEAR » Watershoes
February 06, 5:51pm

Customer service
Don't sweat it, I'll send both. Ben, when are coming over to the dark side. I see a micro stove with your name on it.....

February 06, 3:40pm

Re:Re: Re: Re:So now, it's 'super' gram weenie, eh?
"Me thinks you should name your next sexy stove the HOT(!) Weenie" "At least it wasn't the "Teenie Weenie"" Me thinks we all have too much time on our hands ...

February 06, 3:27pm

Re:So now, it's 'super' gram weenie, eh?
Ben, even I have to admit the whole gram weenie name is a little silly. Kinda hard to change horses mid stream (or something like that). However, there'll be no Sexy Gram Weenie until I can fin...

February 06, 2:50pm

Re:Super Gram Weenie
Travis, I generally make the SGW by request. It holds 3/4 ounce of fuel, so it is more than able to boil 16oz of water in a narrow pot. It's also a little taller which makes it a little more ti...

February 06, 2:35pm

Trappers mug
Matt, I don't have a Trappers mug, but my guess is there would be a good bit of flame creep with the PRO. It would do the job, but probably not very efficiently. BTW, the stove in the pic ab...

February 06, 1:42pm

All Reader Reviews by george carr

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain House Precooked Scrambled Eggs with Bacon
When I decide to pack a hot breakfast I usually either pick up the MH eggs with bacon or ham and peppers. As one reviewer suggested, pour out the water before consuming. I usually prepare this dish as...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
February 19, 7:47pm

Mountain House Lasagna with Meat Sauce
When I grab a freeze dried dinner for an overnighter, the MH lasagna is my number one choice. I liked it when I started in '88 and still like it today.

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
February 19, 7:40pm

Lightweight Backpacking 101 Ryan Jordan, Alan Dixon + (2001)
When I 1st joined BL.com this was the article that convinced me sub 5 was possible. I think that on the home page there should be a link that says read this first. While the original might use some up...

In Books and Media
February 19, 7:34pm

The Ultralight Backpacker by Ryel Kestenbaum
At the time of this books publishing UL backpacking was still relatively new to the general backpacking public, so as the saying goes "you can fool some of the people some of the time...". T...

In Books and Media
February 19, 7:28pm

Tarptent Squall
I purchased my Tarptent Squall in 2004 and now consider it my main shelter when I am carrying a tent. Henry Shires was a pleasure to deal with and very helpful. The squall has served me well from my b...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 10, 8:42am

Powerbar Energy Gel Caffinated Gels
I discovered energy gels a few years ago and decided to try the Powerbar brand on an AT hike in 2004. If you've never tried a carbohydrate gel or don't typically take in caffeine all I can say...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 10, 8:31am

Montbell Thermawrap Vest
I've owned the Montbell Thermawrap UL Vest for 3 seasons now, and like many folks I puchased it to save weight. I originally carried a fleece vest that had trustily served me for many years, so I ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 10, 8:12am