Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gregory Petliski (gregpphoto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Gregory Petliski hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Gregory Petliski has not added a biography yet.
StateNew Jersey
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://gregpphoto.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gregory Petliski

Showing 121 - 130 of 220 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

re
"Because I've gotten my pack weight so low, it allows me to carry more ______" Iron weights.

In Philosophy & Technique » Fill in the Blank!
May 05, 4:01pm

Re: Hitchhiking
"Hitchhiking naked under a poncho- do you get many rides that way?" Haha ok, correction, I HIKE mostly naked under the poncho, but I keep my t-shirt on if I'm trying to get rides.

In Philosophy & Technique » Dealing with an all-day spring deluge
May 01, 12:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Baxter
Looking at reports and photos from the GLT, I'm taking you up on that. Added to the itinerary! Time is not going to be a factor at all actually. I have between 4-5 months of hiking ahead of me ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pay to camp in Maine parks?
April 28, 11:25am

Re: Re: Pack weight?
Maybe not socks by themselves, but when you add up your socks, boots, pants, shirt, hat, and underwear, you got a few pounds for sure. And while it may not be on your back, per se, it is on your bo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pack weight?
April 28, 9:38am

re
Personally, I am not a fan of beer. Anything that a pirate would drink suits me though, as rum is my favorite. A plastic Gu flask of 151 will make you think you're warm alright haha.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Concentrated Backpacking Beer
April 28, 9:32am

Re
I too love writing when I'm camping. I generally use the lean-to journals that are there, and take a photo of each page I write (as well as photos of some of the more interesting entries). That...

In Make Your Own Gear » Want a source for waterproof paper for journal
April 28, 9:30am

re
I jump! http://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpphoto/sets/72157607048561880/

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Summit/ Happy place rituals?
April 27, 10:11pm

My 2c
I hitchhike to get to the trailheads, so I'm used to spending loads of time out in the rain. Hence I carry a heavy duty knee length plastic poncho (not quite as thick as some Ive seen but expon...

In Philosophy & Technique » Dealing with an all-day spring deluge
April 26, 5:04pm

Re: Repackaging
@Jack: freeze dried meals don't have "instructions" beyond adding the proper amount of boiling water for the proper amount of time. All I do is write what it is, how much water, and f...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Repackaging Freeze Dried / Dehydrated Meals,Technique & Practice
April 26, 10:01am

re
Yet another reason why the weight of a bear can is worth the peace of mind. Where you're going seems like a place you wouldn't want to be without food. Whenever I gripe about the weight of ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Food Storage Above Treeline
April 26, 9:56am

All Reader Reviews by Gregory Petliski

Gregory Petliski has posted no reviews.