Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 121 - 130 of 5641 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...565

Forum » Thread

Re: Re:Starvation
"Him being 83 pounds at the end doesn't necessarily mean starvation either. So he becomes extremely weak on day 94 and dies just under 3 weeks later. I would guess he lost most of the weig...

In On the Web » How Chris McCandless Died: An Update
February 15, 3:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Bullying and Misogyny
"I do have a problem with watching people "have fun" at expense of one person" I re-read page 1 and page 2. I don't see bullying. I see polite and thoughtful answers...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear weight vs safety and preparedness
February 15, 7:57am

Leaving Only Footsteps?
Leaving Only Footsteps? "The uncomfortable fact is, we’re all complicit. In a not-yet-published review of 218 studies about recreation’s impacts on wildlife, researchers found more e...

In On the Web » Leaving Only Footsteps?
February 15, 7:11am

Re: Bear Spray...
"I'd be interested in seeing the data that proves that making noise would have saved people that have been attacked by bears. It may be true in a few cases but show me the data." I...

In GEAR » Weight of Counter Assault Bear Spray and Holster
February 14, 9:14am

Re: Re: Re: Re Whambulance
"What'd I Miss?" From Ralph B.: To summarize: Entering the forum under-equipped with an ultralight skin is reckless. A thicker skin provides a safety margin if conditions turn...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear weight vs safety and preparedness
February 14, 8:28am

Re: The weight you you hope for versus the weight you take
"How do you mitigate that?" Develop a process that will increase your confidence level. The first few times out, take the "extra" items/weight, but also keep a daily log...

In GEAR » But the way you you hope for versus the weight you take
February 14, 8:23am

Re: Re: How Chris McCandless Died: An Update
nm

In On the Web » How Chris McCandless Died: An Update
February 12, 3:35pm

Re: naive youth
"naive [in the material world]" +1 I enjoyed her trail writing. Didn't miss a day. Looking forward to her CDT blog.

In Chaff » Long Distance Hiking has no Brand
February 12, 9:42am

Attitude versus Altitude
"... Benedetti offered to take more than 100 students up the Italian Alps to an altitude of 3000m (9800ft). A few days beforehand, he had told just one of them about a possible consequence –...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Attitude versus Altitude
February 12, 8:00am

Re: Re: Re. Babushka and Her Young Accomplice
"Watch me try and board the plane in June and find out I am on some list..:-0" Only because this forum is routinely flagged by the NSA switch in Sacramento ...

In Chaff » Long Distance Hiking has no Brand
February 10, 9:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm