BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 121 - 130 of 5083 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...509

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
Mt. Whitney is the official start/end.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 22, 4:42pm

Re: Measurements
If you want to compare apples and apples, you need to know the starting temp of your water (I always start with 45°F water), and your boiling point (195°F for me at 7600'), and the quantity o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Esbit + Fosters Pot Boil Times
July 22, 4:34pm

Re: Flossing in the backcountry?
I use an E-Z-Floss (similar to the Bulter Floss Mate mentioned above) - I spool about 3' of floss around the base, which easily last the duration of a hike. The knobs on the sides and t...

In GEAR » How gross is it to you when people put their fingers in their...
July 22, 4:21pm

Re: Re: Origin8 basket
Thanks Dale. I've seen brackets/braces that went back to the head tube, but apparently not here. Yes, let common sense prevail.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Spring and summer bike adventures
July 22, 12:09pm

Re: bike.
Dale - I can't tell looking at your photo or the Origin8 site... Is the stem the only thing that grips and stabilizes the front bars/rack/basket, or is there a widget somewhere providing...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Spring and summer bike adventures
July 22, 10:35am

Re: Favorite Powdered Electrolyte Drinks?
"Looking to experiment with brown rice syrup as part of my carb intake." From Calorie King - 148 calories per fluid ounce From Wiki - The final product is 45% maltose, 3% ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Favorite Powdered Electrolyte Drinks?
July 22, 7:58am

Re: Gossamer Gear LT4 trekking poles (no straps)
I'll take them. PM sent.

In Gear Swap » GG LT4 poles (no straps)
July 20, 9:55pm

Re: Any good freezer bag cozy testing out there?
"... hoping someone out there has tested multiple items and rated hydration effectiveness." "...Different pastas, rice, pasta sides,..." We dry cooked brown rice as a ba...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Any good freezer bag cozy testing out there?
July 19, 8:38am

Re: Alcohol on JMT
MTR, is sold by the ounce. One Dollar per.

In GEAR » update on alky stoves on the JMT
July 17, 10:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Jetboil in the wind: Doing the Jetboil Shuffle
Dan, Someone here did a "tilt test" with several canister stoves. He let them warm up, then held them horizontal for 30 seconds or so. Nothing blew up, spewed, of did anything to cau...

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
July 17, 9:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm