November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 121 - 130 of 6146 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...615

Forum » Thread

Re: Almost There ...
An amazing effort! She might be going for 5.00 days. I know I'll be checking in 10 hours from now. Adam - Thanks for the tracking. I appreciate it. So much better than trying...

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » Amber Monforte on the JMT
August 31, 9:09pm

The Value of PLBs, Even During an "Organized" Outing
"A 62-year-old hiker missing for nine days in California's rugged Sierra Nevada with a broken leg endured freezing nighttime temperatures and crawled two days for water before getting the ...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Value of PLBs, Even During an "Organized" Outing
August 31, 7:15pm

Re: Re: Erroneous email about a supposed site password change! :-(
Nothing here ... Considering how difficult it is to get ANY communications out of BPL, I think it is safe to assume it is a phishing exercise. Have you posted an email address lately?

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Erroneous email about a supposed site password change! :-(
August 31, 4:04pm

PSA to Young Female Athletes
Good information on youth, performance, and food. "... it's not uncommon for these young athletes to need as much as 3,500 calories a day — which can seem scarily high to a teenag...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » PSA to Young Female Athletes
August 31, 9:59am

Re: Wow!
"I'm thinking you're just way more talented :) " She probably read the manual. And she obviously IS talented.

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT 2015
August 28, 6:33am

Re: Exped Textile Glue Replacement?
For air mat and pillow, and other, repairs I carry Loon UV Wader Repair. It is UV activated and sets in about 30 seconds of direct sunlight. It is formulated to work on damp fabric (like followin...

In GEAR » Best way to clean Exped UL Air Pillow?
August 28, 6:25am

iPhone Photography
Just in case you have doubts about being creative with an iPhone - Teasers and Inspiration Here. BTW, the Sedona Arts Center offers a class - iPhoneography I'm sure others do to...

In Photography » iPhone Photography
August 27, 1:18pm

Re: september predictions
Wildfires are .... unpredictable. Of course a 3" rain could come along .... And, "contained" fires can continue to burn and Smoke for a long time. It would be good to devel...

In Pre-Trip Planning » SEKI loop from REoads End and Rough Fire in Hume Lake area
August 26, 12:52pm

Re: Tri Ti - good buy
"I've always felt that Ti utensils and cookware were an affectation." Unless you are dry baking, and are concerned about melting aluminum. Unlikely, but it's not something I...

In Editor's Roundtable » Flash Reviews No. 13
August 26, 12:46pm

Re: FS NEW Big Agnes Copper Spur UL1 Person Tent + Tyvek footprint
I'll take it. PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS NEW Big Agnes Copper Spur UL1 Person Tent + Tyvek footprint
August 26, 12:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm