BPL Community Profile

Stephen Barber (grampa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Stephen Barber has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Barber

Showing 121 - 130 of 1283 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: Cooking Efficiency: Leave the lid at home, bring oil
Interesting. The question is, would the energy saved in grams of fuel between the lid- and oil-topped boils be greater or less that the weight of the oil expended vs. the weight of the lid? ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cooking Efficiency: Leave the lid at home, bring oil
December 04, 3:57pm

Re: Re: Choosing between a Golite Sl3, MLD Cuben Duomid and MLD Sil Trailstar
MLD Cuben Duomid - absolutely my favorite! Does a great job with wind, no leaks from MLD, lots of room as a solo, weighs 1 lb 8.9 oz complete: inner net tent, guys, stakes, stuff sack. About 2 oz l...

In GEAR » Choosing between a Golite Sl3, MLD Cuben Duomid and MLD Sil Trailstar
December 04, 3:49pm

re: MLD Speedmid Problems
The 22 oz would be for the tarp itself, not including guylines and stuff sack. The exact color of the tarp will depend on the silnylon manufacturer; MLD tests the silnylon they purchase for wat...

In GEAR » MLD Speedmid Problems
December 03, 8:14am

Great for layering
Vests are excellent for layering! In fact, one northern Illinois winter, my winter gear consisted of a wool over-shirt, a down vest, and a windbreaker, plus mittens, fingerless ragg gloves and a kn...

In GEAR » Vests?
November 30, 8:36pm

re Cannister leaking
The cannister may give a short "Hssss" when you screw off the stove. That's just due to the very brief time it takes for the rubber gasket to reseal. No worries. A long continued ...

In GEAR » Two years, and I still have stupid questions.
November 26, 6:00pm

re: Day time!!! Close up shots
Wow! Great photo! That one looks like he could use a meal soon - keep wearing your hat!

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
November 26, 5:56pm

re: Best Type of Stove for Vehicle Storage?
I think it would have to be a very large stove, even for a very small vehicle! :)

In GEAR » Best Type of Stove for Vehicle Storage?
November 21, 3:00pm

re: nalgene 15%
Any particular place, or just anywhere?

In Gear Deals » nalgene 15%
November 19, 6:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Serious problems with cell phone 911 call locations
"I carried nothing but a map and compass until I was in my early 60's, at which point I finally caved and started carrying a PLB, primarily for my wife's peace of mind." Ditto....

In GEAR » Serious problems with cell phone 911 call locations
November 18, 5:02pm

re:CDT Sleep System Debate!
If you check sleeping bags with the European ratings, you'll see that in general they think women sleep about 10* colder than men. Get a warmer bag for sure, and bring your down jacket and pant...

In GEAR » CDT Sleep System Debate!
November 16, 8:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Barber

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

SmarTube Drinking System for Bottles
Since having a hydration bladder spring a leak inside my pack, I have avoided all such bladders. I stuck to simple water bottles until a couple of years ago when I ran across the SmarTube - a drinking...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
May 13, 1:33pm

ZPacks Sleeping Bag 40* and 20*
This is the side sleepers dream bag! The bags are filled with 900 fill power goose down, outer shell is green .95 oz/sq yd Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon, and the liner is black .67 oz/sq yd nylon. ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
July 25, 9:25pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 24, 11:49pm

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction v...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 11:47am

ULA Catalyst
I've spent the last two years trying to find a pack that is both light and comfortable, ie, transfers weight to the hip bones well. To date, i had found packs that were only one but not the other ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
June 04, 8:11pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
I was able to pick up a Bushbuddy Ti used, and can't imagine why anyone would want to get rid of one! I used it repeatedly this summer and have been absolutely delighted with it! It is probably...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 11:59am