Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nancy Twilley (goodcaver2) - BPL Guest

My Locale STL
About Me Hello! I love to do pretty much everything you can do outdoors, especially cave. I grew up in Tennessee, live temporarily in St. Louis for school, and hope to move out West when I am finished in 2011. Thanks for reading!
CitySaint Louis
StateMissouri
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nancy Twilley

Showing 121 - 130 of 153 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

six moon designs?
Has anybody here bought the hoop stay they sell at six moon designs for a myog pack? It looks like you can purchase it by itself.

In Make Your Own Gear » Aluminum Tubing
December 16, 11:04pm

knife
I love my CRKT RSK MK5, although it might be too small for most users. It's a neck knife--but I call it my 'boob knife.' Sits very nicely and I don't notice it at all, but when I ...

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
December 16, 9:06am

staff
I just hike with one pole--got it at an REI garage sale in a bin of lonely single poles. Leaves the other hand free to hold the dog's leash, holds up my tarp at night, and makes life a littl...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles vs. Walking Staff
December 14, 1:14pm

thanks!
Hey guys, thanks for all the insight! Much appreciated! I was not at all aware that framed and frameless packs were sized differently--that's excellent information, and I'll have to loo...

In GEAR » frameless pack for 14 inch torso
December 14, 1:01pm

sizing
Two sizes higher is typically right. I usually wear an 8.5 women's and a 6.5 in men's (if I ever find that size!). I had a pair of Chacos I got in a thrift store in a men's 7 and they...

In GEAR » Diff. between men/women shoes
December 07, 7:55pm

try it!
No harm giving it a shot. I've worn some men's shoes I found on major sale or whatnot... They fit well enough but usually I find men's shoes to be too wide. And I have wide feet for...

In GEAR » Diff. between men/women shoes
December 07, 6:43pm

frameless pack for 14 inch torso
Hello all: Right now I'm rockin' a GG Nimbus Ozone unfortunately set on the lowest torso size--14 inches. Like it just fine (hipbelt could be less bulky...) but I would like to try out ...

In GEAR » frameless pack for 14 inch torso
December 06, 11:10am

nice!
thanks for your pictures--could you give any more insight on the frame pack you made? (The triangle one) My partner has been bugging me to make her one for a while. Was it difficult to make?...

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade bikepacking gear
December 05, 4:30pm

i'll make you an offer you can't refuse...
would you take maybe $35 on the jacket? If not what might you take? A poor graduate student has to save money where she can ;o)

In Gear Swap » Marmot Mica
November 28, 9:49pm

pattern
Well, last winter I made a couple of jackets--a windshirt and a gore-tex shell, and made them both as simple as I could to save weight. No hand pockets, pullover style with a zip at the neck, and ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Simple DIY Rain Jacket
November 26, 9:47am

All Reader Reviews by Nancy Twilley

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Western Mountaineering Tamarack
No reviews on the Tamarack yet so I'm giving my first impressions. After I use it a few times I intend to come back and add further thoughts on performance. Since it's a Western Mountaineeri...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 17, 4:22pm