BPL Community Profile

Aaron Zuniga (gliden2) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northwest
About Me Ultralite backcountry enthusiast and traveler! I enjoy big mile days on the trail, MLD gear, and keeping things simple and minimal while pushing the limits. After a failed attempt on the TRT(Tahoe rim trail) last summer, I plan on going back again this year for redemtion and completing it in under 5 days.
CityBend
StateOregon
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListTRT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Zuniga

Showing 121 - 130 of 222 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re:Managing wet feet
I like to where a pair of merino wool liner socks and Trail Runners when hiking. This combo dries fast,is simple, and very comfortable for me on the trail in warmer condtions. I would skip the th...

In GEAR » Managing wet feet
July 01, 11:19am

Re:Ptarmigan Bivy
Here the specs on the Ptarmigan Bivy. It has plenty of room for my JRB No Sniveller to loft out:)I use mine with a GG nightlite torso, my pack under my legs, and a Plastizote pad when temps are coo...

In GEAR » MLD Grace Solo Spectralite + SMD Meteor Bivy Splash-worthiness?
June 27, 11:44am

Re:Fav Snack
-BBQ Pringles -Dried Mangos -PB M&m's =)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fav Snack
June 24, 10:57am

Re:BPL Membership
I only paid for 14.99 for renewal this year=)making it around 1.25 a month. This is a minor fee considering how much time I spend on this site reading the Best articles by some of the industries mo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL Membership
June 23, 12:41pm

Re:sleep system advice
I gotta agree with Todd and say the NO Sniveller is a versitile, great, multifunctional piece of gear. You can add the hood and omni tape like i did+an UL insulated jacket(Montbell UL Down Inner) a...

In GEAR » sleep system advice
June 20, 11:39am

Re: Quilt Options
Gregg, the JRB No Sniveller is only a couple ounces heavier than the Golite Ultra 20 and is a far more versitile piece of gear. If you want to push the quilt a few more degrees add the full length ...

In GEAR » Compessed size of quilts??
June 19, 3:09pm

Re:Temp rating of BPL Cocoon 60 quilt
Hey Gary, I don't have any experience with that exact system you've mentioned, but I have used the UL 60 with my Montbell UL Down Inner and can push these 2 to about 45 degrees give or take...

In GEAR » Temp rating of BPL Cocoon 60 quilt
June 16, 11:01am

Re:Platypus
Your water filteration system sounds good. I haven't had any problems with leakage from Platypus's, just that they don't seem to last for me. Im not sure if it's from being rolled u...

In Philosophy & Technique » Platypus in the pack?
June 12, 4:41pm

Re:Murmur
James, I agree cuben fiber is super cool! In fact if i could afford it, thats all i would buy=) But for now the Murmur has given me a chance to go SUL and not leave my wallet empty. Although i have...

In GEAR » gg murmur dislikes
June 12, 11:28am

Re:Bivy Question
What about the Oware Drawcord bivy? It's 5.75 oz and will cost ya $99 for the regular. This would do fine at keeping any pesky bugs bugs from sucking your blood=)

In GEAR » Bivy Question
June 12, 10:53am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Zuniga

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
-This Review is based purely on service since i haven't recieved my quilt yet... I will add a a more extensive review once i have had some time with it in the field. The guys at Jack's R Be...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 11:24am

Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket
This thing really shines in soo many ways. It's slim fit keeps the core warm nicely preventing convective heat loss- great for boosting temps in your sleep system, and wearing during breaks-or col...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 25, 3:44pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These are a great feelin, lightweight base layer. I have used them under wind and insulated pants with great success, and they never get stinky! The only downside is they run and tear a little too eas...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 2:28am

Oware Dixon Double Bivy
This review is on the Oware Dixon Double Bivy. I had been in the market for a double bivy for a long time but couldn't find too many options out there! I had seen the Double Vapr Bivy Sack @ BPL...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
February 09, 7:23pm