BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 121 - 130 of 1448 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...145

Forum » Thread

850 pot plus cozy
I use reflectix but I also have a cord that is looped through the pull ring of the lid. The cord slides around the pot, you slide on the cozy and it all holds together in storage.

In GEAR » Cooking System usinf foam Cozy + MLD 850 Ti Pot
November 25, 12:33pm

Legally no
You must sleep in the shelters unless they are full to capacity, which is unlikely in December.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need Advice for AT Section Hike in December
November 25, 7:27am

Re: Need Advice for AT Section Hike in December
I did that section last December. We left Davenport Gap in the morning, shorts no shirt. Severe thunderstorms hit and the temperature dropped. By the next morning it was 18 degrees with extremel...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need Advice for AT Section Hike in December
November 24, 4:22pm

Mike, lets trade
Training locations. I would love to have that vertical training ground in my back yard. I have two choices, runnable but flat or a rock scramble and hilly. I have been in a great routine over th...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
November 24, 3:26pm

Re: John Muir Trail North-->South - July 2014
At the pace you are looking to go..... Ditch VVR and pick up a couple days supplies at Reds Meadow and definitely take advantage of TM to keep you from hauling all that food up from the valley. VV...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » John Muir Trail North-->South - July 2014
November 24, 12:00pm

Re: BMWO Route Planning
Steofan, last year on the Open I took much of your proposed route from near Larch Hill Pass through Shaffer. I did not take Trail 90 or 243 north or the intersection because they were closed due ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2014 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open: Marias Pass to Monture Creek
November 24, 9:44am

Re: Re: Re: bear can
"Actually, if you can do 20 or 25 miles a day and are willing to camp at the existing bear boxes, then you don't need a bear canister at all. Last time I checked with SEKI thru hikers a...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2014
November 24, 7:12am

Re: Re: Re: Face shots, finally :)
Nice kitty. Keep the pictures coming!

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
November 23, 5:52pm

Good news
There's ads on the right side of the page for anti malware software. Create a problem then offer to solve it.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL ads and malware?
November 22, 6:50pm

Appearances can be deceiving
I'm sure there are plenty of folks that saw me out trail running the Huntington/Tuckermans Ravine Loop last August. I had a small fanny pack and was running with shorts and no shirt. I am sur...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 'Ill-equipped' hikers plucked by helicopter from North Shore mountains
November 20, 1:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.