BPL Community Profile

George Geist (geist) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Smoky Mountains
About Me George Geist has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by George Geist

Showing 121 - 130 of 163 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Re: light without pollution?
Hi Brett, Do a Google search on "mini 2-LED hand crank" and you will find several places to to purchase the following tiny, SUL hand cranked flashlight. I keep one clipped to my bac...

In GEAR » light without pollution?
December 22, 9:26am

Re: cuben tent
> the tent might just be dynamic enough to be a 4 season cuben fiber tent > ...would have to use at least the .75oz and as you said tape the seams I curious to learn from folks who have C...

In GEAR » Cuben Tent Question?
December 21, 7:14pm

Re: cuben tents
> I agree with your analysis. I just wonder what else there is which we haven't yet thought of! Hi Roger, What else? Well here is something useful to consider in the design and it helps...

December 21, 8:05am

Re: more pics
Thanks for the picture. It looks like the point of the tent pole is sticking through the noseeum floor. Is there a grommet for the point to keep the pole from poking holes in the net floor? T...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
December 20, 9:19pm

> Could one design storm tents to use non-stretch fabrics? > An interesting question. My worry is whether they would > start to flap or flutter in high winds. A stretch fabric > c...

December 20, 8:53pm

> It works! Hi Lawson, I'm happy to hear the ideas work and that you've already experimented with a prototype. Once folks know that it works, it is inevitable that Cuben versions wi...

December 20, 7:40am

Cuben Tunnel Tent Design Ideas
> None of us have done this because a tunnel design often relies on the elasticity of the fabric This is certainly true with existing designs, but what if we step outside the box. Can a tunne...

December 19, 8:11pm

Re: Philmont Food weight and bulk
> Bulk: Stored in a 5 gallon pail (packed as snug as I could > can make it without fear of crushing) the 10 packages > occupied approx 950 cubic inches. That's approx 48 cubic >...

In Philmont » Philmont Food
December 18, 11:10am

Re: Re: Re: Water required for Philmont food - use the packaging amounts?
> Question: If you have an odd number crew size, let's say 9, does Philmont give you food for 10 Hi Ty, Yes you will get food for 10 (5 dual meal bags for breakfast, lunch and dinner)...

December 06, 2:47pm

Re: Water required for Philmont food - use the packaging amounts?
> We were hoping to rehydrate the food in the foil bags > (ie. Al Geist method) that the food comes in and was > wondering what is the consensus for the amount of water to use. Hi T...

December 04, 4:52pm

All Reader Reviews by George Geist

George Geist has posted no reviews.