BPL Community Profile

Gabe Joyes (gabe_joyes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Lander, WY
About Me I live at the base of the Wind River Range in Wyoming with my wife and dog. I love to hike all over the Greater Yellowstone area. Our goal is to lighten our packs so that we can go as far as we can, as fast as we can. I currently work for an alternative high school and NOLS.
CityLander
StateWY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gabe Joyes

Showing 121 - 130 of 240 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

a few tips
Keep an open mind- you will be amazed what you can get used to. My wife used think the idea of a floorless shelter was insane, but she gave it a shot and now she kind of digs it. Also, I promise ...

In GEAR » Backpacking for the girly girl
July 11, 7:01pm

buy one on sale
I agree, and from my experience it isn't too hard at all to find this type of product from Patagonia 30 percent off. These jackets still wouldn't be a bargain by any means, but at that lev...

In GEAR » Patagonia Ultralight Down Jacket and Hoody
July 09, 4:14pm

great fit
I really like the fit of these a lot. Compared to similar MB or WM products, the fits is much closer, longer, and more efficient. I agree, price sucks, but a great product

In GEAR » Patagonia Ultralight Down Jacket and Hoody
July 09, 12:41pm

Wind River Range update
Apparently my friend who went to Pinto Park didn't go all the way to Pinto Park because it was a snowy wet swampy mess up there. It alternated between 8 foot snow drifts and then giant melt pu...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Range trail report
July 08, 3:29pm

bump
bumpitty bump bump bump

In Gear Swap » FS: Osprey Talon 44, Osprey Aether 70, TNF Thunder
July 06, 8:31am

FS: Osprey Talon 44, Osprey Aether 70, TNF Thunder
Osprey Talon 44 S/M - $80 shipped Pack still in great shape. Has one very small scrape that has zero affect on pack performance and has not grown at all. Great versatile lightweight pack! ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Osprey Talon 44, Osprey Aether 70, TNF Thunder
July 05, 4:07pm

PM sent
PM sent

In Gear Swap » WTB Down Jacket
July 05, 3:52pm

Wind River Range trail report
Hi folks I thought I would just share what it is like in the Winds right now since I know a lot of people are planning trips. I went for a trail run from Worthen Meadows yesterday down to the Midd...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Range trail report
July 04, 11:20am

Aether 70
I have an Osprey Aether 70 in a medium that you might be interested in. I tried on both the Atmos and the Aether back when I bought it, and I definitely liked the Aether better. Let me know if yo...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Osprey Atmos 65 Med
June 30, 7:31am

Osprey pack and TNF jacket
Hyperflow is definitely sold, the Osprey pack and TNF Jacket are still available. Send me an email folks! gabe.joyes@gmail.com

In Gear Swap » FS: Osprey Aether 70, TNF Thunder, MSR Hyperflow
June 29, 2:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Gabe Joyes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Osprey Talon 44
All of the Osprey Talon packs are just plain comfortable. For all of the features the Talon 44 packs, I think its weight is actually pretty amazing. Sure you could get a lighter pack, but for the co...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 13, 12:49pm

The North Face Hydrogen Jacket (2008 Model)
This was the lightest wind breaker I could find with a full-zip and no hood. The men's comes in at 2.9 oz. and the women's at 2.4 oz. Blocks the wind wonderfully and is pretty breathable. T...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
November 13, 12:36pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
I love this bag. Lofts up wicked fast, never leaks feathers, packs small (for a 20 degree bag), spot on temp rating for me and my wife. The regular length definitely runs a bit short, I'm 5&#...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 13, 11:15am