BPL Community Profile

Frank Perkins (fperkins) - BPL Guest

My Locale North East
About Me Click on my website to my gear list: http://www.fperkins.com/backpacking/my-ultralight-backpacking-gear-list.php
StateConnecticut
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/67xjoa
My PDF Gear List3 season gear list.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Frank Perkins

Showing 121 - 130 of 295 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: Pack comparo follow up
Ha! I was thinking the same thing. That Superfly shelter looks awesome. Reminds me of one those stealth ships

In GEAR » Backpack for JMT in Aug/Sept
February 13, 5:43pm

Re: WT3 and Golite products
I wasn't implying anything negative or that the packs were free [although that would have been a bonus I bet]. I'm a big fan of GoLite :-)

In GEAR » Winter hiking with the Jam2
February 12, 7:10pm

Re: What ate my jacket?
Maybe the dingo ate your jacket

In GEAR » What ate my jacket?
February 12, 6:49pm

Re: Winter hiking with the Jam2
I believe the Wilderness Trekking School partnered with BPL and GoLite so no surprise there: NOLS link

In GEAR » Winter hiking with the Jam2
February 12, 6:46pm

Re: Pack comparo
Wow, that's really cool. I wish I would have thought of that, although now that I stuffed my Conduit, I know the AMP would have been too small for me. Congrats on your pack choice!

February 12, 6:41pm

Re: MLD Zip and bear canisters
Hey Eric, I researched the hell out of the GG packs and don't recall reading of any issues with shady stitching. Could you elaborate?

February 10, 5:22pm

Re: Backpack for JMT in Aug/Sept
I just got done going through the same process and would up with the ULA Conduit. I had narrowed it down between the Mariposa Plus and the Conduit and ultimately went with the Conduit. You ...

February 10, 6:32am

Re: Re: Official don't change the subject on reply thread
That's a heart! [Laughing at the irony of I'm the only one keeping the subject the same, like trying to plug a leaking dam]

In Community Support Forum » Official don't change the subject on reply thread
February 07, 6:26pm

Re: Re: Body Hair
Stop lying Steven, you shave your arm pits to lower your skin out weight. ;-)

In Philosophy & Technique » Deoderant choice?
February 07, 5:53pm

Re: Official don't change the subject on reply thread
Well, a typical message board would enforce that thread topics, stay on topic, by not being able to change the subject and having moderators keeping people on track. Threads here start with &quo...

In Community Support Forum » Official don't change the subject on reply thread
February 07, 5:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Frank Perkins

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia
My R1 hoody stitching started to fall apart and they took back the old one and sent me a brand new one. I also had a rip in my micropuff vest when my waist cinch cord ripped out. Again, no proble...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 15, 7:53pm

Backcountry.com
Never had an issue with them so they get a 5

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 1:08pm

Taco Bell Spork
I recently used the TacoHell spork on a recent 3 person trip. I had titanium spoon, but my brother and cousin did not and this was a free and light alternative. Unfortunately, two of the sporks brok...

In Cookware - Other
January 08, 12:41pm