BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 121 - 130 of 554 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Dana Design Arcflex Terraplane
nice pack. fantastic rear pockets. a good, solid flexible design, works even better is you fold up the lower compartment. however, i've had two of them, and the max usable load was about 55#...

In Gear Swap » Dana Design Arcflex Terraplane
October 09, 8:44am

Re: Help Me Decide!
i have had great service from my WM dryloft apache. the extra duty outer shell makes it less subject to dampness on longer trips. it is also the bag of choice to hand to my lady when she's wit...

In GEAR » Help Me Decide!
October 04, 8:46am

Re: Are hammocks hot in the summer
i don't have one (yet), but have heard you can get mosquito bit often and easily right thru the bottom surface. just a thought ... v.

In Hammocks » Are hammocks hot in the summer
October 02, 11:23am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: UHMWPE film
on a side note, in my travels thru the depths of sewing, i have played with that iron on adhesive strip/gauze/rolls of stuff they sell at fabric stores. it will, at reasonably low temperatures stic...

In GEAR » alternatives to Cuben Fabric?
October 01, 7:42am

Re: double sided tape
so, if say, your leuko tape is pulling at the edges, and it's mucking up the insides or your socks (Very ucky on a long trip), and you've tried to powder/benzoin the edges to no avail ... h...

In GEAR » Foot care kit, need help.
October 01, 7:24am

Re: 5 hikers killed yesterday by landslide.
" one 13 yr old girl survived when her dad threw himself in front of her " : parental mission accomplished.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 5 hikers killed yesterday by landslide.
October 01, 7:14am

Re: Comparisons
" I have a theory that Half Dome is consistently easier than South Rim-River-South Rim despite HD being longer horizontal and at a higher elevation because HD is more varied. " ohh lor...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
September 30, 4:28pm

Re: Understanding rain gear materials?
" eVent type. Fabric breathes better. Pricey but a moderate weight. Is always waterproof. The inner layer may get clogged with oils, dirt, etc at which point it will not breath much. " ...

In GEAR » Understanding rain gear materials?
September 30, 10:03am

Re: Re: Re: Ancient Shoes
real question : is it possible to effectively run with a pack ? i know for a fact you can run with things in your hands, but how about wearing a pack ? i have seen the Best Ranger trials on u-t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
September 30, 9:58am

sweet work !
the man asked for opinions .. ohhh kaayyyy .. i might consider adding a ground-level tape on the door side, so as to take the strain when the door is open and you have everything pulled quite tigh...

In Make Your Own Gear » Freestanding winter/summit tent
September 28, 6:58pm

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm