Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hoot Filsinger (filsinger) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Started backpacking in 1968 with my first and only Kelty Pack. Have enjoyed many adventures in Los Padres, Sierra Nevada, Cascades, and coastal hiking in the Pacific Northwest.Colin Fletcher was my mentor in my youth and I now enjoy the kind and knowledgeable folks at BPL.
CityCrescent City
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 121 - 130 of 289 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: New backpack...the Stealth
John , Like the quality of your bivy so I ordered my wife a stealth pack. Hoot

In Gear Deals » New backpack...the Stealth
October 14, 6:48pm

Re: Who would you invite?
Obviously a little big to be considered "cottage industry" but Western Mountaineering is in San Jose.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who would you invite?
October 08, 7:20pm

Re: Sounds you've never heard before
Ryan, I have spent many a night sharing the night with screech owls, great horned owls, spotted and barred owls, fox screams, coyote yells, and elk bugles.They have alarmed my fear factor and he...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sounds you've never heard before
October 07, 6:03pm

ccf pad arrived today
Similar to the "utilitarian bandana" this pad will be assigned many duties. I like a pad with easy access on the outside of pack for siestas, snack breaks, packing and unpacking gear, gat...

In Gear Deals » CCF Pads; Coming Soon
September 04, 6:48pm

Pad names
ReKline Pad or PadTi

August 19, 10:17pm

Sz M Gregory Flo-Form II Hipbelt
Hey S collie, I called Gregory Packs and they have the mediums in stock. If you can convince REI or another retailer to special order it for you it will ship right out. Or if your large is worn ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Sz M Gregory Flo-Form II Hipbelt
August 13, 4:27pm

FS Orca merino LS baselayer size XL
Sold with price reduced to $25

In Gear Swap » FS Orca merino LS baselayer size XL
August 08, 2:58pm

FS Orca merino LS baselayer size XL
SOLD. NWT XL Orca Mens Core Free Long Sleeve 100% New Zealand Merino Base Layer. 200 gsm - 17.5 micron Color = pewter. Weight = 9.5 oz. Very soft and well made but too form fitting in chest for me....

In Gear Swap » FS Orca merino LS baselayer size XL
August 05, 4:46pm

BUMP
$40

In Gear Swap » FS NB MT 101 size 11
August 04, 10:19am

1/8 CCF Pad
I would like one. Bill (Hoot)

July 31, 9:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Bearpaw Wilderness Designs company
John at Bearpaw was terrific to work with. He listened to my needs and designed a cuben fiber structure similar to the cub den but with slight mods to fit my big boy size. He backs his warranty, send...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 27, 12:23am

Saywer Squeeze Filtration System
SP131- Sawyer Squeeze Filter – multiple capacity The NEW Sawyer Squeeze Filter is the lightest and most versatile filtration system on the market. With a total field weight of 3 ounces, it is extr...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
June 03, 7:58pm

Tarptent Contrail
I used the Contrail in the Cascades and was impressed with the design and weight. The bug net paid for itself the first two nights. I stayed dry in light rain and moderate wind and had very little con...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
March 11, 11:48pm