Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Febbo (febbom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Michael Febbo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Febbo has not added a biography yet.
CityDelaware Water Gap

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Febbo

Showing 121 - 130 of 267 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...27

Forum » Thread

my approach
I carry separate rock shoes if the trip involves a long approach and I will be leading 5th class rock (if I am following easy 5th, I can wear approach shoes and hang if needed). Think a hike into C...

In GEAR » Rock and snow climbing shoes - two pair?
January 09, 6:05pm

Powerstretch and Powerdry together.
Over the past 3 days I have worn Patagonia R .5 tights (Powerdry) under REI Powerstretch tights, under Mammut Champ pants (Schoeller Dryskin Extreme) for ice climbing in the Catskills and Adriondac...

In GEAR » Baselayer comparison: Polartec Powerdry v. Powerstretch
January 05, 9:56am

Terry, This is a bit dated, but has some comparative data. I have used Powershield and Powershield Light (gamma Mx) and find th...

In GEAR » Help me choose a softshell jacket
January 03, 5:31pm

Better comparison?
MB, given the weights I'd assume that the WM Meltdown is a better comparison to the Vapor... Richard, can you give any info on how they compare warmth wise? I have the microfiber shell used ...

In GEAR » Specs for Western Mountaineering Vapor jacket?
December 27, 11:59am

meltdown fill?
Brad, Sorry to drift a bit here, but I assume you meant that the Flash jacket has 3.5 ounces of fill... also, do you have any idea how much fill is in the Meltdown? I am surprised that the Vapor ...

In GEAR » Specs for Western Mountaineering Vapor jacket?
December 24, 11:19am

to clarify
There is nothing innovative (from the perspective of the outdoor end-user) about the fashion line... I was referring to the new harnesses and simply stating that the inclusion of street/urban/fashi...

In GEAR » Arc'teryx now makes office clothes.
December 16, 1:07am

still innovating
I have to agree with Nick that the idea is sound- the fabrics, attention to detail, micro-seams, and athletic cuts all could be used to make wonderful business-style clothing. Their Stealth jacket ...

In GEAR » Arc'teryx now makes office clothes.
December 15, 6:47pm

good call
Michael B; great call on the Ferrata- I don't think the price can be beat, though the hood looks a bit simplistic (which may be desirable to some). Chad, I wear my Black Ice softshell for cl...

December 13, 9:39pm

The Black Ice has been discontinued for some time now. I got one from STP, and a second from Ebay as it really is a perfect jacket for my needs. If a hood is not absolutely necessary, check out ...

December 13, 6:24pm

Original Alpinist was "lumpy"
Since I owned and used the model bag pictured by the OT and reviewed by Charles I want to comment on the assertion that; "I don't think a down sleeping bag could that lumpy unless you wa...

In GEAR » Are Nunataks good or just lack of competition?
December 13, 4:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Febbo

Michael Febbo has posted no reviews.