BPL Community Profile

Michael Febbo (febbom) - BPL Guest

My Locale Michael Febbo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Febbo has not added a biography yet.
CityDelaware Water Gap
StatePA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Febbo

Showing 121 - 130 of 248 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...25

Forum » Thread

champ pants
I've been using mine for Northeastern winter backpacking (snowshoeing with lots of elevation changes) and find them to be more breathable than any other softshell I've used. Be aware th...

In GEAR » Tall and skinny winter pants?
September 05, 2:40pm

Mammut
I'm a 31x33 and have the TAKU pants... I do not like them as I find them a bit baggy and stiff for Northeast winters. Also, the dual velcro waistband has eaten a few baselayers just during norm...

In GEAR » Tall and skinny winter pants?
September 02, 1:11am

Valandre's Split-S on new website
I have not seen this posted, but Valandre has a newly designed site that includes a video of the Split-S jacket. http://www.valandre.com/outerwear.php?name=splits At 1 pound and with less tha...

In GEAR » Valandre's Split-S on new website
August 29, 12:12am

micropuff
What down vest are you layering over? You want to make sure you don't compress the down to the point of uselessness. My friend uses the hooded Micropuff as his belay jacket while ice climbing ...

In GEAR » help pick my synthetic jacket
August 24, 5:39pm

Love it
Every time I am backpacking or ice climbing in the northeast during winter I use the Ninjaclava. I have numerous face masks and a few balaclavas, and was always looking for something that was fu...

In GEAR » OR Ninjaclava
August 18, 12:10pm

pillowsack
I very much like the Granite Gear Pillowsack- the fleece exterior prevents the sack from moving and is very comfortable against skin. The more rectangular shape provides more surface area for your ...

In GEAR » Suggestions: a mug, a pillow, a bandana
July 14, 4:15pm

Some options
What counts as SUL in your opinion? The very lightest silnylon jackets are under 7oz (Equinox Gazalle) and so too are the lighest "waterproof/breathable" jackets such as the Marmot Mica, ...

In GEAR » SUL Wind and Waterproof top
June 28, 9:38pm

roll inside the bag
As mentioned, if you move with the bag, your sleeping position is not really an issue. Of course if you really curl up into a ball, I find the knees and hips compress the insulation. Also, moving ...

In GEAR » Side Sleepers Sleeping Bag
June 13, 8:32pm

some thoughts
Hi David, Just a suggestion; you will likely get more responses to a gear question in the “G Spot” forum. The Tamarak is essentially a climber’s half-bag, and given your height will like...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Western Mountaineering Tamarak Question
May 20, 9:23pm

if it promotes wilderness support- for it
I hoped I'd never be this guy- but in regards to ultralight firearms, try a search. That topic has been discussed at length. My only issue with the provision is that it is a rider on a compl...

In Chaff » Guns in parks?.... maybe soon!
May 19, 6:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Febbo

Michael Febbo has posted no reviews.