BPL Community Profile

Kenneth Jacobs (f8less) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me "There is something to a hard days work being rewarded with the same thing that posed the challenge."
CityDes Plaines
StateIL
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListLuxurious 19.65lbs Base Pack Weight

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kenneth Jacobs

Showing 121 - 130 of 564 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...57

Forum » Thread

I've been looking at this combo
I've been looking at this combo: Marmot Midweight Baselayer Gloves (0.8oz) - to replace the liners of the pair below http://www.rockcreek.com/marmot/midweight-baselayer-glove-mens/18800.r...

In GEAR » Gloves
November 27, 12:19pm

Re: My Precious . . .
Art- Is that the black inside, charcoal grey outside, without any head and foot weather protection? KJ

In GEAR » Any Enigma Reports???
November 26, 12:01pm

Re: outdoor research uber tube
And E Do you know the weight of this piece? It's less than 1.1oz? EDIT: Found it on their site. 0.7oz - Echo Ubertube http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/or-gear/hats/echo-ubertube...

In GEAR » Looking for a Lighter Buff/Neck Gaiter
November 21, 7:17pm

Re: Merino Wool Buff
Max I'm guessing by the picture on their site, that the neck gaiter tapers? Can you confirm? TIA KJ

November 21, 7:15pm

Looking for a Lighter Buff/Neck Gaiter
Does anyone know of someone that makes a buff/neck gaiter on the longer side that weighs less than 1.1oz? Maybe out of grid fleece? Any help is appreciated. FWIW, It's good to know that th...

November 21, 3:53pm

ZPacks Toothbrush Case as 9g Mini Tenkara Fly Box
So when you're out on the trail, you don't want to carry a million tenkara flies and at the VERY minimum don't want to be carrying a bulkier 17g (Zimmerbuilt fly box weight - Lightest F...

In Multiple Use Gear » ZPacks Toothbrush Case as 9g Mini Tenkara Fly Box
November 21, 11:20am

Re: Re: Dropping Weight From Your Dental Kit - Ideas Shared
Daryl Understood...I realize this, but sometimes it's the little things that can bring you happiness on the trail. While I have no problem getting stinky and dirty on the trail, it sure fee...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dropping Weight From Your Dental Kit - Ideas Shared
November 21, 11:08am

Custom ZPacks Toothbrush Case - 4g vs 9g Zpacks Case
So when you go to the dentist and they give you the brushing and flossing kit every time you depart...in it there is usually a little oval mini dental floss. I use these mini dental floss samples ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Custom ZPacks Toothbrush Case - 4g vs 9g Zpacks Case
November 21, 11:03am

Dropping Weight From Your Dental Kit - Ideas Shared
Just thought I'd post this here to perhaps give some people some ideas for how to drop some additional weight from their gear. Here's how I cut my Dental Kit weight in half: - Smaller l...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dropping Weight From Your Dental Kit - Ideas Shared
November 21, 10:47am

What I do for coffee on the trail
Here's what I do: Grind my coffee at home and fill a number of these ahead of time. Fold over the top edge twice and stick a stick through it (just like the plastic skewer that comes with t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Making a Cup from Ground Coffee
November 05, 3:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Kenneth Jacobs

Kenneth Jacobs has posted no reviews.