Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 121 - 130 of 490 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: wool briefs - better suited for cool to cold use rather than warm lowland summer hiking
EJ, are the Ibex briefs you have the Roasters or the Breezers? I use the Breezer briefs all year long, every day and find them very comfortable. I wish Ibex hadn't discontinued the Breezer brie...

In GEAR » Cheap, itchy-light wool undies
April 06, 9:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Arctic 1000 Pack
Thanks Ryan, that's great news. The 65L should be good for cold weather use, and the 50L for warm.

In GEAR » ULA Arctic 1000 Packs
April 03, 8:51pm

Re: Re: Arctic 1000 Pack
Ryan, does the pack still use the 65L POE Pneumo LTW Dry Sack or will the 50L also work? Will the pack come with the dry sack or will it need to be purchased separately? If separately then will BPL...

April 03, 4:50pm

Re: Re: JRB Quilts
Congrats George! I think you will be very happy. I use 2 No Snivellers with my hammock and I'm very happy with the setup. I can't wait to see what kind of hammock the Jacks come up with. I ...

In GEAR » Quilt or top bag versus reg. bag
April 03, 4:25pm

Re: lightweight techniques for H20 filtration
Ben, I use Aqua Mira and a cotton bandana. For retrieving water from difficult places, I use my Orikaso Bowl. The shape of the bowl varies depending on how many of the three folds you make, besides...

In Philosophy & Technique » lightweight techniques for H20 filtration
April 03, 8:55am

Re: What is the best wicking t-shirt?
My Ibex Polos are 17.5 micron merino and 165 g/m2. They have held up very well and are very comfortable. I'll have to check out the Icebreaker superfine 140 merino t-shirt to see how it compare...

In GEAR » What is the best wicking t-shirt?
April 02, 10:02am

Re: Re: Re: cheap merino
I have to agree with Abdon. I wear wool year around and have done so for about 3 years now. Mainly Ibex polo shirts around work and home and for day hikes. Including Ibex Breezer wool briefs, now s...

In GEAR » What is the best wicking t-shirt?
April 01, 10:29pm

Re: ULA Arctic 1000 Packs
I'm not on the original list but I'm very interested. I hope BPL orders enough. If there's a list, add my name.

March 29, 7:29am

Re: another question
Eric, I've never used a bag liner so take this for what it is worth. I've never felt the need for a bag liner because it's a single use item. I can achieve the same functionality as a l...

In GEAR » What makes a sleeping bag worth big $
March 28, 12:56pm

Re: Eric, my layers are similar; inc. thermawrap
Brett, I'm sorry I missed your reply to my post! Thanks for the compliment on my layering setup. It's still a work in progress and you mentioned several additions I'm considering. The T...

In GEAR » Looking for a LW Fleece Vest
March 27, 1:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm