BPL Community Profile

Tohru Ohnuki (erdferkel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. California
About Me Tohru Ohnuki has not added a biography yet.
CityLos Angeles
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tohru Ohnuki

Showing 121 - 130 of 285 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: Sewing issues
Fleece is tough to sew well in my experience, the feed dogs tend to have a hard time pulling the material under the foot. I talked to some of my sewing contacts and they suggested either of two thi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing issues
October 25, 4:27pm

Re: knife use
"Really the only time I ever "needed" a knife was to cut under thick bark from a fallen dead tree to find dry tinder to start a fire in very cold weather when we were soaking wet.&qu...

In GEAR » Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
October 20, 6:03pm

Re: Footwear for Zion Narrows in November?
You might want to consider trekking poles with baskets, maybe even the snow baskets. The only time I've ever needed baskets on my poles was in the Paria canyon where there were some quicksandy ...

In GEAR » Footwear for Zion Narrows in November?
October 17, 12:55pm

permatex
I've had good results from permatex flowable windshield and glass sealer from the auto store. It's already thinned and does a good job soaking into seams...

In GEAR » Silicone and Mineral Spirts Problem
October 11, 4:37pm

Re: Re: Re: ethics
Not to justify taking handfuls of condiments from a fast food outlet for camping, but at least they will be used. How many times have you been to a place and seen other people grab a fistful of ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 09, 12:44am

Felt: maybe not so good
Be advised that there's a problem with felt harboring invasive aquatic species like the New Zealand snail: Science of Felt Trout Unlimited: What Anglers Can Do

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Waders
October 06, 2:04pm

Re: Re: Get a PLB, they are far superior.
It sounds like your mind is made, but you may still want to read these reviews: Equipped.com McMurdo Fast Find PLB Equipped.com blog

In GEAR » Spot 2 vs. McMurdo Fast Find
October 04, 4:52pm

Re: Getting into photography
"Starting out, I would first spend money on a book or class for learning good composition techniques before buying another camera." Agreed. Most digital cameras, even inexpensive point...

In Photography » Getting into photography
September 23, 3:09pm

Re: Getting into photography
"What would be a good camera to get started into the world of backpacking photography?" Oboy, as with everything, there will be a tradeoff of quality, versatility, weight and cost. If ...

In Photography » Getting into photography
September 22, 1:31pm

Re: Users of Thinlights or similar pad
I've got the thinlight and torsolite, used together. Sometimes when it's particularly cold I've folded the thinlight to double it under the legs. I've also used the backpack under t...

In GEAR » Users of Thinlights or similar pad
September 21, 11:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Tohru Ohnuki

Tohru Ohnuki has posted no reviews.