Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik Danielsen (er1kksen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Western Door
About Me Living and working between adventures. So far those have included the Andes, the Adirondacks, the nooks and crannies of WNY, and being a not-quite-UL wanderer all over the east coast.
CityFredonia
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListOld Disorganized Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Danielsen

Showing 121 - 130 of 172 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Island of the Sun
During last year's Winter Solstice my trekking companion and I were on the Inca Island of the Sun on a particularly sunless day (Solstice, Island of the sun, no sun? What's up with that?) a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Rock Shelters
November 08, 7:32am

Transportation
A car to get to the trailhead with, perhaps, much as I generally despise the dang things. There is a NCT spur trail that goes through my little town, so I suppose I could use that to tap the nation...

In GEAR » BPL Reader "Wish List" Thread
November 08, 7:11am

Re: Re: Nobody
I'm not exactly living paycheck to paycheck. I like to get paid, take care of my weekly expenses, put the rest in savings, and not touch it once it's there. We all have different money mana...

In Gear Swap » FS:SMD Gatewood Cape/Bivys
November 02, 4:37am

Re: RE:Grrrrrr
Quite appreciated. Are you able to wait until friday?

October 31, 1:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Annapurna Circuit
East coast (the wild tundra of the buffalo, NY area). Most of the flights I've been looking at in the 1500 RT range to kathmandu have at least one (more often a couple) layovers in europe/west ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where would you go this winter (anywhere in the world)?
October 29, 5:14pm

Re: Annapurna Circuit
That is wonderful to hear. I've seen articles stating the circuit is supposed to be paved by 2012, which were a little discouraging. My other two traveling companions only have a short wind...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where would you go this winter (anywhere in the world)?
October 29, 12:26pm

Grrr
If this was next week's paycheck, I would grab the cape. If it's still here by then, I still will. But you'll probably sell it by then. I wish all the best to whoever grabs it, I suppos...

October 28, 6:18pm

Re: Annapurna Circuit in Nepal
Next winter (2011-2012) I and two friends of mine plan to do the Annapurna circuit, and I'm pretty excited about it. One should be aware, though, that it's in the process of being paved. Th...

October 28, 1:24pm

Tabata Sprints
Tabata sprints, and most other forms of brief high-intensity exercise, are great for giving your metabolism a kick and are associated with similar gains in endurance without the wear-and-tear of gr...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
October 27, 1:10pm

Surface effects
A couple weekends ago I did an overnight trip in XC flats (Asics Hyper XCS). I'm fairly used to barefoot and minimalist footwear for short strolls and running, but not so much for a day's w...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking without cushioning
October 26, 4:02am

All Reader Reviews by Erik Danielsen

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

five ten camp four
I have owned and loved a pair of these and worn them until their current state of having gaping holes in the sides. Observations: great fit, decent support and cushioning (never any sore feet) and...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 10, 7:29am