November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

ed hyatt (edhyatt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The North
About Me ed hyatt has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ed hyatt

Showing 121 - 130 of 342 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...35

Forum » Thread

Dan - how depressing; getting to be like UK postage rates :-( I've used my cone-adapted Starlyte (in the wilds of the back yard - a windless place that has been hovering around zero centigra...

In Gear Deals » StarLyte Burner With Cap
January 29, 1:14am

Light equipment sometimes is really cheap..
'PS: wait till you try drinking very hot coffee out of that aluminium mug. Then you will find out why I prefer Lexan.' One politely sips hot coffee - unless an Antipodean barbarian....

In GEAR » Light equipment sometimes is really cheap...
January 29, 1:07am

THE multiple use stove
I am really pleased with the three (I know, I know) tri-ti setups that I have. I'm not a big trail cook - just a water boiler and the ability with meths or Esbit to light and forget while doing...

In Multiple Use Gear » THE multiple use stove (IMHO)
January 28, 2:10am

UK (England) - guns
Brad, for info. - handguns have been illegal in the UK since 1997.

In Chaff » Newtown
December 18, 1:18pm

If you use 'flicklock' type poles...
...then there is the 'Oookworks cunning doobrie' A 12mm section of steel pipe - 31g - drop out the pole tips, pop in the steel tube, reapply 'locks' - solid as a house. Here i...

In GEAR » Lashing Hiking Poles Together for Pyramid Shelter
December 18, 1:06pm

Sounds like a win-win situation :-) I've picked up quite a bit of other gear that way with US trips; had not really thought of doing it with a pack.

In GEAR » New Zimmerbuilt Pack On The Way...
December 16, 1:22am

New Zimmerbuilt Pack On The Way...
I've been manfully resisting the e-mail to Zimmerbuilt....this might tip the balance; fine looking pack. My eye's are already watering as I think of the import taxes and customs charges ...

In GEAR » New Zimmerbuilt Pack On The Way...
December 15, 1:32am

Copper Spur above treeline
I've used the 3 above treeline quite a lot, firstly on the JMT where it seems the wind never blows (?) - it was great for the Sierras as being (more or less) a self-supporter it went up easily ...

In GEAR » 2 person tent, 3+ seasons for 4 pounds? Hilleberg Anjan or something else?
December 04, 1:09am

Compact camera bag for 5N with kit lens
You might also take a look at the Ortlieb Snap. I use the smaller version for my camera, but the larger one's might suit you. My choice as it can deal with the (often persistent) rain in Nor...

In Photography » Compact camera bag for 5N with kit lens?
November 13, 1:13am

Scandium Poles
You can always go the 11mm Scandium route - they are pretty resilient to say the least. No idea about US suppliers.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Stronger tent poles
November 10, 2:12am

All Reader Reviews by ed hyatt

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Montrail Hardrock
I wore these this summer over the very rocky GR20 (Corsica) and the GR5 Alpine (Geneva towards Nice). The pair I used on the GR20 (120 miles) are well worn and cut up; they would probably do the ro...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 12, 2:27am

MoonTrail Customer Service
Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that. Website is good too - especially the use of e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 20, 8:04am