BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Osburn (earn_my_turns) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me I live in NJ, I play in ADK, Green Mtns., and White Mtns.
StateNew Jersey
CountryUS
My PDF Gear ListBPL Vermont Trip!!!

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Osburn

Showing 121 - 130 of 306 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...31

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: measuring
So what used to be 700 or 800 fp down might now be 500 or 600 fp down based on the conditions of the attic. That would still cause the sleeping bag to loose loft in the down direction. Meaning me...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
December 27, 8:53pm

Re: Re: Re: measuring
The way I see it it just determines end weight. low quality fill like 600 takes 1 oz to fill 600 cu.in. high quality fill 850 takes 1 oz to fill 850 cu.in. When they fill it they should calculat...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
December 27, 7:24pm

Re: measuring
measure both layers when the bag is zipped up and laying flat on the ground. The best spot to measure is at the baffle. If the baffle stitching is 5-6" in several spots and the middle of sev...

December 27, 7:07pm

Re: Re: its down, no compression sack...
Check the loft. Lay it out zipped up and flat and measure total loft. Feathered Friends is calling 0F 7" of loft. Western Mountaineering is calling 5F 7" of loft. My WM 5F bag has 7&q...

December 27, 6:48pm

Re: Re: crampons?
Mixed precipitation to rain then at some point it is going to change over to only snow for the rest of the week. Hopefully they will pick up around a foot in southern vt by the weekend. I am not ...

December 27, 2:09pm

jet boil
I went to the Catskills last winter with a buddy that used a jet boil with the family sized pot on it. It was around -10F and he didn't have any issues, I would assume he slept with the canist...

December 22, 12:47pm

sad sad snow
This is starting out as a terrible year for snow. I started saying it is only mid November so we are bit behind it is ok that the high peaks, Northern VT, and the presidentials don't have much...

December 22, 9:25am

reconnecting the pads
What about instead of just cutting the pad in half you cut it like a puzzle piece. 5 or so male ends on the bottom half. 5 or so female ends on the top half and it will hold itself together witho...

In Make Your Own Gear » Frame for "frameless" pack
December 22, 6:34am

Re: Re: Food.
Stoves we have right now are: 2 MSR white gas 1 wood 1 canister I don't really know I don't have any experience in the winter with wood or canister stoves. I do know that 2 MSR stoves ...

December 22, 6:15am

cooking and food
Food first, because it is dinner time and my girlfriend is running late so that is kinda the only thing I have in mind. I don't do the calories thing, it hurts my head. I subscribe to the Mik...

December 21, 5:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Osburn

Jeremy Osburn has posted no reviews.