BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 121 - 130 of 7393 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...740

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: DIY simple, inexpensive, and durable silver anti odor treatment?
Hehehe--- do it wrong and your skin might turn black. Some silver based compounds are know to be light sensitive :) I've had a couple polyester base layers that got smelly fast, notably a T...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY simple, inexpensive, and durable silver anti odor treatment?
June 08, 9:55am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Crumpler Wonder Weenie Bike Messenger Bag
June 08, 9:34am

Re: Beginner backpack: frameless or internal? Recommendations?
I would go for an internal frame pack. The G4 needs the very lightest loads and careful loading to work well. Something like a Gorilla or Mariposa might work better. BUY YOUR PACK LAST. You wa...

In GEAR » Beginner backpack: frameless or internal? Recommendations?
June 07, 10:10am

Re: Gear addict anonymous
You may have TMS Syndrome (Too Much Stuff is the polite form). The cure is the word NO taken as often as needed. Cognitive therapy may help with the "what if" stage. A strict diet of ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear addict anonymous
June 07, 7:06am

Re: Serious Question
I've always thought of polyester for soft wicking layers and nylon for tougher outer layers. I have had polyester shells that were great, but they are rare. My experience is that nylon is colde...

In GEAR » Light clothing gear list. Would love some list suggestions!
June 06, 8:47pm

Re: Fleece in the PNW
Yes, I wear fleece as a mid layer. It's fine without a shell in camp to take a chill off if there is little wind. Think of it as a quick drying sweater. And that is the strength of fleece: ...

June 06, 7:32pm

Re: REI Flash 18 as UL weekend pack
I've tried a number of packs in this style and they aren't very comfortable past 10 pounds. They are fine for day hiking basics, but it's really pushing it for a weekender. Other than s...

In GEAR » REI Flash 18 as UL weekend pack
June 06, 9:36am

Re: UL rainjacket with good breathability chat
Get a poncho: $60, 7oz, keeps your pack dry, can be used for a shelter, lots of ventilation and covers to your knees. If you are using non-breathable materials for rain gear, it better have vent...

In GEAR » UL rainjacket with good breathability chat
June 06, 8:30am

Re: How does everyone store their DLSR camera gear in their packs?
Look for the plastic food storage boxes with locking tabs and a silicone seal, like Lock n Lock, Sistema and Mira. You can find some in discounters like TJ Max, but storage specialty shops will hav...

In Photography » How does everyone store their DLSR camera gear in their packs?
June 06, 8:08am

Re: Clothing list
I see that you have 5" running shorts and Cap2 long johns for bottoms. If you are used to cool weather with that combo, so be it, but I would want a long pants option, by adding wind or rain p...

June 06, 7:50am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.