BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 121 - 130 of 7450 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...745

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: three days, two nights w/ a 24 liter pack?
John Abela wrote, ". I have a few hundred nights with a 1000 cubic inch (16 liter) backpack that can handle three days and two nights of food." It all hinges on the conditions and comp...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » three days, two nights w/ a 24 liter pack?
July 07, 9:09am

Re: custom
I hear that! That Rev 24 does lean out there a bit, to the point where it reminds me of book pack ergonomics. Something with sides that run right down the back edges of your rib cage so you...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » three days, two nights w/ a 24 liter pack?
July 06, 9:55pm

Re: attaching pad to dog pack
Lets see the pack you have. Many packs have a bungee array that can handle a small pad on top. Depends on how active your dog is-- they have a hard time with the concept of stuff outside their ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » attaching pad to dog pack
July 06, 7:44pm

Re: 3 day/2 night Talon 33
The Talon 33 example was more a handy choice rather than an optimal one. I was curious about market offerings and did some Googling, but I really didn't find anything past 24 liters and I have ...

July 06, 7:25pm

Re: pack recommendation please...
Step out of the two pound limit and it's easy. UL packs aren't generally designed for 40 pound loads and I would say never comfortably. With the heavier pack, the other issues can be resolv...

In GEAR » pack recommendation please...
July 06, 12:12pm

Re: lightroom vs aperture for a noob
I got an offer from Adobe the other day with Photoshop and Lightroom via CreativeCloud for $9.95/month. I didn't investigate further, but it sounded interesting.

In Photography » lightroom vs aperture for a noob
July 06, 11:56am

Re: 3 day/2 night run
Yep, it's all about the volume: Newtonian physics still apply :) As you have found, 24 liters is about the bleeding edge for adventure racing packs and it that is about as minimalist trail spor...

July 05, 8:43pm

Re: three days, two nights w/ a 24 liter pack?
I've been through this game in various scenarios and as much as I like the *idea* of getting my kit into as small a package as possible, I have to sit down and ask myself why. Smaller is better...

July 04, 11:41pm

Re: Treading lightly
That begs for a pedal rig with a generator. As to positions in cube life, bending over seems to be more the norm :)

In Other Activities » Treading lightly
July 04, 2:16pm

PIF CLAIMED: Acorn Fleece Socks Large
This Pay it Forward has been claimed: a paid of Acorn fleece socks. They don't have a marked size, but they fit my size 11 feet with room to spare, so I'll call 'em good to size 12. In ...

In Gear Swap » PIF: Acorn Fleece Socks Large
July 04, 11:56am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.