Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 121 - 130 of 8194 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...820

Forum » Thread

Re: Any such thing as a waterproof hiking short?
I've seen 'em in years past, but don't recall a brand. Convertibles too. Weird. Soft shell shorts strike me as odd too. I'd just add a rain kilt. Rain pants with some thigh vent...

In GEAR » Any such thing as a waterproof hiking short?
July 09, 2:31pm

Re: Poncho-esque options?
Equinox makes a true backpacker's poncho with a 14" extension in the back that reportedly weighs 9.9oz. Do definitely get one that is longer in the back. A belt of light cord and a toggle ...

In GEAR » Poncho-esque options?
July 09, 2:22pm

FS: Garmin eTrex Legend GPS PRICE DROP
Now just $20 including US shipping and PayPal fees for this fine navigational instrument!

In Gear Swap » FS: Garmin eTrex Legend GPS
July 09, 9:55am

Re: FS Equinox Tarp
Ronald, set up your PM's or send me one with your email

In Gear Swap » FS Equinox Tarp
July 08, 4:07pm

Re: Soto MicroRegulator vs. Soto Windmaster
Thanks for the video, Jim. I own a MicroRegulator and wondered what the real world difference was. I did add the accessory Soto windscreen which does help, especially when simmering. It would be in...

In GEAR » canister stove with truly great simmer/flame adjustability?
July 08, 1:24pm

Re: what size tarp negates use of bivy? and other interesting questions :)
8x10 for a flat tarp. That size allows alternate pitches too. IMHO, everyone should have a flat tarp in the gear locker. If you want to experiment, get a poly tarp and head for the back yard. C...

In Philosophy & Technique » what size tarp negates use of bivy? and other interesting questions :)
July 07, 9:29pm

SOLD: Garmin eTrex Legend GPS
Sold to Roger: a Garmin eTrex Legend GPS. Does not include software, documentation or cable. I can load up a few maps in your areas of interest in the US. This is a basic monochrome GPS that runs o...

In Gear Swap » FS: Garmin eTrex Legend GPS
July 07, 12:07pm

SOLD: Sea To Summit Ultra-Sil Duffel Bag 40 Liters, PRICE DROP
Sold to Alan: Now a mere $16 including US shipping and PayPal fees.

In Gear Swap » FS: Sea To Summit Ultra-Sil Duffel Bag 40 Liters, 2.8oz!
July 07, 11:45am

Re: Re: Re: How does this pack fit look?
"Dale - Just going hiking to see how it works sounds like a good idea, until I remember that I live in Houston, and it is July." Wait for sundown, throw 20 pounds in there and go for ...

In GEAR » How does this pack fit look?
July 06, 8:57pm

Re: Re: Rainfly Waterproofing Issues
McNett has a "cure": https://www.mcnett.com/gearaid/blog/re-coat-tent-floors. Best of luck --- I fear Roger is correct.

In GEAR » Rainfly Waterproofing Issues
July 06, 8:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.