BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 121 - 130 of 7171 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...718

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: dividends
Yup, my toy fund was posted today too. :)

In Gear Deals » REI Dividend
March 20, 9:33am

Re: Full sized Frogg Toggs poncho
I'm surprised the full size covers as well as it does. Fine for a summer day if you don't have a following wind. Hunchback indeed! You could frighten small children in that getup :)

In GEAR » Frogg Toggs Emergency Poncho
March 20, 9:15am

Re: No, not under!
The emergency poncho is smaller and the fabric is much thinner. I will shred pretty quick I'm afraid. I played around with some when they first came out, attempting to make a pullover from ...

March 20, 9:11am

Re: SUL and sleep clothes
By my take, SUL should find you wearing everything you can to supplement your sleep system, wringing every last CLO from your gear. Some wear rain gear and all. If you're cold, you sure don'...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL and sleep cloths
March 20, 1:02am

Re: Creative Clothing Solutions for GF
Building on what you have, I would take the base layers plus the Atom and add a puffy vest. Taking both the Rab and Atom is just too many shell layers and not enough insulation. If not the puffy ve...

In Gear Lists » Creative Clothing Solutions for GF
March 19, 2:31pm

Re: Frogg Toggs Emergency Poncho
So you're going to wear it under your pack? They are small and won't cover your pack and back side. They are much lighter stuff than the jackets. I could see using one as a day hike CYA...

March 19, 1:04pm

Re: Fresh matches
UCO matches are my favorite. I use a K&M match case with a compass in the cap. Regardless of the type of matches you use, they need to be fresh. I replace mine every Spring.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
March 19, 11:42am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sleeping Wth Your Food in Black Bear Country
"Your odds are less each time you practice this." Not quite. The results of a hundred "tests" will reflect those odds, but for each test the odds are the same. The od...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping Wth Your Food in Black Bear Country
March 19, 11:24am

Re: Sleeping Wth Your Food in Black Bear Country
Not to mention that your plan makes it worse for the rest of us. Do the right thing.

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping Wth Your Food in Black Bear Country
March 19, 11:18am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Smartwool Training Gloves Unisex XS, Wool/Nylon Blend
March 19, 11:09am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.