Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 121 - 130 of 7913 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...792

Forum » Thread

Re: Ray Jardine and reality
Jardine is an iconoclast who dared to think outside the box and codify UL technique. He wasn't the first, but he did concoct a system of techniques and got the word out. His core concepts still...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ray Jardine examines Cuben Fiber
March 14, 3:47pm

DIY mini panniers from a dog backpack
This is reposted from my blog at dalesjournal.wordpress.com I’ve been thinking about designs for small paniers to carry tools, spare tube and patch kit and my bike lock. I was getting my dog...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » DIY mini panniers.from a dog backpack
March 14, 3:12pm

Re: Hammock User Survey
I'm in WA. Keep in mind that here are just more people in the eastern US. Check out the population density stats at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_population_density. ...

In Hammocks » Hammock User Survey
March 14, 2:15pm

Re: Re: Re: what would a 10 # base weight look for a winter trip?
This made me think of the two guy who just finished the PCT winter/southbound. Has anyone seeb their gear list?

In Winter Hiking » what would a 10 # base weight look for a winter trip?
March 14, 12:32am

Re: Cyclocross bike and touring.
A bikepacking style seat bag ssems like a good combo with a frame bag and a handlebar bedroll. I dont think much of the clamp on seatpost racks. If the clamp doesn't hold, you'll have a lit...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Cyclocross bike and touring.
March 14, 12:14am

Re: Looks like I'll need Trekking Poles First
Get some Black Diamond flick lock poles, picking a model to suit your budget (their carbon poles aren't all that light). Hiking with poles is like a ballet rather than a drunken stumble, especi...

In GEAR » Starting to go UL, looking at tents
March 12, 1:15pm

Re: Starting to go UL, looking at tents
I would snap up that deal on the SMD Lunar Duo myself. The dual entry and bug protection will make it couple-friendly. If you want to try a trap, buy a light blue poly tarp and test drive it in...

In GEAR » Starting to go UL, looking at tents
March 12, 12:36pm

Re: Gatewood cape or something else?
The Gatewood works for UL because it is dual purpose, knocking the weight of a rain shell off your spreadsheet (and pack cover too if you use one). It is a far better shelter than a poncho alone, w...

In GEAR » Gatewood cape or something else?
March 12, 12:13pm

SOLD: UL Kitchen: REI Ti Spork, SnowPeak Ti Bowl, Sea to Summit Delta Mug
Sold to Colin: cleaning out the duplicates in my gear locker. Sold as a lot only. $25 including US shipping and PayPal fees. REI titanium spork, 0.55oz (15.7g), 6.5" (16.5cm) long. ...

In Gear Swap » FS: UL Kitchen: REI Ti Spork, SnowPeak Ti Bowl, Sea to Summit Delta Mug
March 11, 3:12pm

Re: Rainy weather - hammock or tent preference?
I like a hammock in rainy weather. Your tarp will be tied off to trees, so no fears of poles falling over in the wind and you always have a nice taut pitch. Of course, mud and running water are moo...

In Hammocks » Rainy weather - hammock or tent preference?
March 10, 12:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.