Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Devin Montgomery (dsmontgomery) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale one snowball away from big trouble
About Me Hiker, rower, bicyclist. I go light because I'd rather feel like a guy walking in the woods than a pack-mule hauling a load. Now the maker of the Backcountry Boiler, undeniably the baddest way to heat water on the planet.
CityPittsburgh
StatePA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://theboilerwerks.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Devin Montgomery

Showing 121 - 130 of 493 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re: New GossamerGear Website
That's funny, I came across that last night and had assumed it had been up for a while. It is gorgeous. Too bad about the use of Flash. I heart html5.

In GEAR » New GossamerGear Website
October 30, 10:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: The plot thickens!
Rog - please consider my claim appropriately qualified. :)

In GEAR » Double walled mini volcano kettle
October 28, 9:21am

Re: Re: The plot thickens!
Ugh. I have my own thoughts about the trademark office allowing Kelly Kettle to register "Volcano Kettle." The term appears to have been used in common parlance to refer to any number of ...

October 28, 8:48am

Re: Re: Resemblance
Hi all, If I can ask for a favor - let's not burn everything down just yet. I really appreciate the support from those who have been following my progress, but please reserve judgement. A...

October 27, 12:39pm

Re: 6oz
Hi All, First, I have to apologize for being MIA for so long. As I hope I expressed in my last email to those who reserved the kettle (gosh, in late June or July I think), I had fallen significa...

October 27, 9:04am

Bump: Ride needed from Fresno to SEKI on July 12
Bump?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Ride needed from Fresno to SEKI on July 12
July 07, 11:35am

Ride needed from Fresno to SEKI on July 12
Hi All, My sister and I are hiking the Sierra High Route starting on Monday (July 12) and need a ride from the Fresno airport (FAT) to the Road's End Permit Station in King's Canyon Nati...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Ride needed from Fresno to SEKI on July 12
July 06, 10:53am

Re: updates?
Hi Konrad, I've been buried under other work, but I have most of the pieces made and ten kettles completed (minus the finishing work that has to be done out-of-house). I'm getting back t...

In Gear Deals » Montgomery Kettle (ultralight chimney-boiler) reservations
July 06, 9:49am

Re: Ultralight Three-Season Down Jackets State of the Market Report 2010 Part 1
BPL gold. I look forward to parts 2 and 3!

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Three-Season Down Jackets State of the Market Report 2010 Part 1
June 15, 1:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Production blog
Hey Mike! Sorry, the blog is back up and running. I was out for essentially all of last week. I took another look at the video, too. I think that, all things considered, I'll keep all my fin...

In Gear Deals » Montgomery Kettle (ultralight chimney-boiler) reservations
June 10, 10:09am

All Reader Reviews by Devin Montgomery

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ultralight Designs Blue Mini
This is aluminum bottle based alcohol stove similar to the "gram weenie" by Whitebox. I bought the stove because of its simplicity and because I could quickly get it for a hike I was taking ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
September 04, 1:04pm

Potable Aqua Iodine Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets
These have been around forever, and I think just about everyone has used them at one time or another. If you're an absolute novice, use them once: chugging the resulting antiseptic rinse is a rig...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
May 01, 12:44pm

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
My rating of five here is for the Chlorine Dioxide method of treatment, this is just the brand I happened to use. Ultra lightweight, kills most wee-beasties in 20 min, with 4 hrs kills the few ...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
May 01, 12:24pm

MSR Whisperlight / Internationale
For years, this was the Model T of backpacking stoves, and for good reason. Runs on almost any fuel, easy and reliable to use in all conditions, "light" for traditional packing. Can accomo...

In Stoves - White Gas
May 01, 11:51am

Marmot Precip Jacket Mens
After having my last rain jacket stolen out of my car right before a long river trip, I picked up a Precip on sale at the local outfitter. It was a good brand, waterproof, breathable, lightweight, and...

In Clothing - Raingear
April 29, 8:48pm

Snow Peak Trek 700
This was the first bit of gear that I bought in my lightweight conversion. Just under $30, plenty of capacity for solo camping (I never could finish a meal that filled it up),includes a lid that drai...

In Cookware - Titanium
April 29, 8:04pm