BPL Community Profile

M G (drown) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Shenandoah
About Me Climber. caver. Cartographer. Have hiked, caved, climbed and mapped in Asia, N. & S. America.

Currently planning on 8 days in the upper Kern September 2014.A desert SW trip in May, ski touring in the Canadian Rockies in April and Costa Rican volcanoes in Feb.
CityWashington
StateDC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M G

Showing 121 - 130 of 546 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: Pad.
Stephen what 20F quilt are you using?

In GEAR » EN 13537 and LOFT
February 23, 8:59pm

Re: en
Eric, Thanks for the comments. I've sold the quilt so replacing it is necessary. I'm male, with fairly low body fat. I run very warm above freezing and during daytime regardless of tem...

February 23, 8:58pm

"FS: Uniqlo UL down parka LARGE 9.65oz with hood mod"
FYI These are currently on sale at UNIQLO (at least in the US) for 59.90. I know 'cos just bought one for myself last week. Very curious about your hood mod, but I don't quite understand wh...

In Gear Swap » FS: Uniqlo UL down parka LARGE 9.65oz with hood mod
February 23, 8:00pm

Re: Re: EN 13537 and LOFT
Hi Roger and Rick, thanks for your comments. I've done further research on BPL and found the following 2007 thread which seems to provide a nice chart with some useful values measured by ( n...

February 23, 7:38pm

EN 13537 and LOFT
Does anyone have a resource or knowledge of typical loft requirements to provide a given T-comfort rating for the EN 13537 standard. For example, how much loft would a bag require to provide a 2...

February 23, 6:22pm

Re: Re: Hear ye, Hear ye, any interest in an east coast BPL G.G.G?
Registrar's update: We have 8 confirmed attendees and 3 Maybe's The event is less than 2 weeks away I'm excited. Logistics: Anyone planning on bringing a saw for us to make ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Hear ye, Hear ye, any interest in an east coast BPL G.G.G?
February 23, 6:35am

Re: sold
Pending payment

In Gear Swap » FS: EE Revelation X, 20F 2013 version
February 10, 6:49pm

Re: Greg Mihalik to the rescue
Thank you, was wondering the same thing.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Search-ability on BPL has been compromized - Why? and why no announcement?
February 06, 9:38pm

Re: Two SE guys + JMT + 70miles = ?
Ryan, Also check on the HIgh Sierra Topix site. Looks of good advice and reports there. If you tell where you are coming from and if you want to access via the East Side or West Side that ma...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Two SE guys + JMT + 70miles = ?
February 06, 9:37pm

Fuel
Most of my long/interesting/rewarding trips require plane travel. An important part of trip planning for me is tranportation logistics upon arrival at destination. That usually includes a grocery s...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pre-trip Planning
February 04, 10:14pm

All Reader Reviews by M G

M G has posted no reviews.