BPL Community Profile

Don Meredith (donmeredith) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SouthEast
About Me 39 year old living in Greenville, SC. I grew up playing in the woods of the PeeDee region of SC. I'm an avid cyclist with a new found passion for bikepacking. I do most of my bike camping, hiking, kayaking and cycling in SC, NC & GA. I've settled in at about 10 to 12 pounds completely loaded at this point - a balance of comfort walking and in camp.
CityGreenville
StateSouth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://lightpack.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListOvernight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Meredith

Showing 121 - 130 of 475 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...48

Forum » Thread

MLD Cuben Solo Pro Tarp
I haven't seen much chatter about this tarp so I thought I'd post a link to my blog post. I've had the tarp awhile now but I just got the bivy from Ron. As usual, the workmanship is fan...

In GEAR » MLD Cuben Solo Pro Tarp
March 13, 11:40am

Caldera Cone Case Ideas?
I'm looking for a lightweight and low volume way to keep from crushing the cone in my pack. Ideally, it would serve more than one purpose as well (thinking stakes, etc). DM

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Case Ideas?
February 05, 4:58pm

Caldera Cone Case Ideas?
I've switched from a ULC cone to the one piece for my new Evernew 400ml mug. Has anyone come up with a clever container for the cone? Thanks in advance for the ideas. Don Meredith lightpack...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Case Ideas?
February 05, 4:49pm

WTB: Guyline (MLD - Red)
I'm pretty sure I have some. Send me an email at donmeredith74 at gmail.com and I'll send you a photo of what I have. DM

In Gear Swap » WTB: Guyline (MLD - Red)
February 03, 6:08am

Best cord for tarp
+1 for TripTease

In GEAR » Best cord for tarp
February 02, 6:27pm

My new pack
I dig it! Creative stuff - fun to see something new.

In GEAR » My new pack
January 29, 9:57am

pillow recommendations
Ken, I have the same problems. I can't comfortably use an inflatable because I flop around so much in my sleep. Its good to hear that the Western Mountaineering pillow works well. I use the The...

In GEAR » pillow recommendations
January 24, 6:33am

Adding post to: "A dirty little secret about poly tarps--- they are light and {{{cheap}}}"
You can make them lighter and more flexible by cutting them down to eliminate the heavy edges and add grommets with a DIY grommet kit. The edges won't fray and if you fold the material over onc...

In GEAR » A dirty little secret about poly tarps--- they are light and {{{cheap}}}
January 22, 7:09pm

MLD Tarp & Bivy and Kahtoola Microspikes
I'm going to pass on the bivy... I'd really like one with the full net window to help combat the humidity down her in the SE.

In Gear Swap » MLD Tarp & Bivy and Kahtoola Microspikes
January 17, 6:51am

MLD Bivy
PM sent on the bivy... interested to clarify the size & vintage.

In Gear Swap » MLD Tarp & Bivy and Kahtoola Microspikes
January 16, 1:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Meredith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My Contrail lives up to every aspect of my expectations except one,the web page claims that it has a one piece bathtub floor, this is not the case, mine has a seam across the the floor about 2 feet fr...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 13, 7:09am