BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 121 - 130 of 399 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...40

Forum » Thread

glue it
You don’t have to sew a ridgeline - you can glue it. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=51361&skip_to_post=436819#436819 ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need MYOG 5x10 tarp advice
December 16, 10:13pm

wow
I go to work and there is 3 more pages of this stuff. I thought it was settled when I left. Lets talk gear, or maybe get out on the trail. I've got a slihgtly used compass and map to make more ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 16, 9:43pm

simpler solution
If the OP sees no value in the articles and doesn't use the forums much and wants to sell one backpack per year, then I offer to buy that backpack and give it to a potential backpacker and hop...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 16, 10:17am

Not a bad thing
Being a taker is not a bad thing, it is just a process to convert you to a giver. The givers support your taking until you can support the next taker. Dave

December 16, 9:32am

it is very simple
In life there are givers and there are takers. I have been both, but as I get older I am leaning more toward the giver side. Dave :)

December 16, 9:02am

Lake travel
Pounding a hole/bowl through the ice is a great solution if you plan your route to include these. If we are near a lake and the ice is shallow, we just use our bowie knives and chop a hole big enou...

In Winter Hiking » Snow melting techniques
December 16, 7:14am

shipping
Has anyone received their items yet?? Will - answer your PM's 12 days and counting Dave

In Gear Swap » DOWN GALORE... Katabatic palisade, TNF chrysalis, TNF down bag/quilt
December 12, 9:50pm

Flatlanders
Thanks Jim, We pull sleds in the winter as we have no elevation to speak of. If I had to carry a stove set-up on my back I would downsize to a 2L pot and use the set-up from the straightshutter...

In Winter Hiking » Snow melting techniques
December 12, 6:29am

saw this
Saw this answer to the same question a while back, so I bookmarked it. It is a plyable silicone putty. http://sugru.com/ Dave

In GEAR » mug lip ring
December 11, 1:00pm

Re: Mchale
+1 on the Mchale. Saw one in action last weekend. Very nice, well built and tough as nails. If I had an unlimited gear budget, then I would have to have one. Dave

In GEAR » Looking for a good expedition pack
December 11, 12:12pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am