BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 121 - 130 of 827 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...83

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Hand sanitizer. @Gary Dunckel, Everclear.
I thought it was only the higher proof Everclear that wasn't sold in CA; I've purchased the lower proof (151 proof) at BevMo to make limoncello with a number of times.

In Editor's Roundtable » Vaseline-soaked Cotton Balls
February 15, 3:27pm

Re: Re: lunar duo.
"How is the space for two people?" Well, they advertise that there is room for 4 people to sit up comfortably and play cards, so that should give you some idea...

In GEAR » good, not too expensive, 2 or 3 person tent.
February 14, 9:51pm

Re: Re: Lunar Duo Question
How much do the arch bars weigh?

In GEAR » Lunar Duo Question
February 14, 4:01pm

Re: weight to volume
I'd guess he meant volume (i.e. 3D - headroom, elbow room), not area (sq ft of floor).

In Gear Deals » SMD Valentines Day sale
February 14, 3:01pm

Re: @brian
I'm curious; what exactly do you prefer about the Skyscape as compared to the Lightheart Solo?

In GEAR » Can I do better than a Zpacks Solplex?
February 13, 3:03pm

Re: BPL wedding....
Ooh, absolutely... and it should be minimalist in style, short (so as not to be too heavy), and no extras like lace, perhaps a few tie-out loops for multipurposing, but on second thought that wil...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL positive feedback system
February 12, 8:52pm

Re: What do you dehydrate?
Meals, mostly vegetarian as I don't have to worry about spoiled meat if I don't fully dehydrate it, and also since we often hike with friends who are strictly vegetarian. We do batches of ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What do you dehydrate?
February 12, 5:42pm

Re: sounds like it will work
"Now to convince the wife we need a cuben version..." Simple. You carry the food, she carries the tent. She'll come around :) Of course, this approach has backfired on me (the...

In GEAR » duomid with two people
February 10, 5:22pm

Re: My wife's concerns
Regarding hygiene, absence of a toilet was never a major concern for me, not sure why. It was absence of a SHOWER, with hot running water, that initially gave me pause when deciding whether or not...

In Philosophy & Technique » Best single piece of advice for new UL backpackers? Particularly women?
February 10, 5:17pm

Re: WTB: Down Booties and Mits
Mike, she might also want to consider a plug-in heated foot pad for under the desk. My mom used to use one while sewing.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Down Booties and Mits
February 10, 11:02am

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm