BPL Community Profile

Lawton Grinter (disco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Bowler with Hiking Problem
CityDenver
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://twitter.com/lawtong

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lawton Grinter

Showing 121 - 130 of 151 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

thanks.
i thought the "non-amazon seller" was the problem, but i thought i made sure to only select amazon.com items the first time around. but "narrowing by seller" function is the way...

In Gear Deals » Balance Bars at Amazon.com
May 01, 5:49pm

didn't get it.
hey there. i tried to order three boxes and use the code, and it wouldn't work. any ideas? thanks!

In Gear Deals » Balance Bars at Amazon.com
May 01, 11:44am

Re: Foretrex 101 and Lithium Batteries
sounds good.

In GEAR » Foretrex 101 and Lithium Batteries
April 13, 8:14pm

i'll take it.
thanks roger!

In Gear Swap » FS: Western Mountaineering Caribou MF
April 06, 12:31am

aqua mira.
hi there. aqua mira worked great for me on the pct in 2004. make sure to carry at least two mixing caps with you (just put one on each of the bottles) so you can make more water at the same tim...

In Philosophy & Technique » lightweight techniques for H20 filtration
April 04, 5:00pm

Brunton Crux stove $39
Good deal on a great canister stove. $39 and change at REI outlet. http://www.rei.com/REI-Outlet/product/758704

In Gear Deals » Brunton Crux stove $39
April 02, 11:54am

brunton crux.
i couldn't be happier with my brunton crux. i used it on my thru-hike of the pct in 2004 (and all other hikes since), and it performed fantastically. one fuel canister would last forever, for m...

In GEAR » Planning on going with Brunton crux for first stove-Recommendations for cooking pot?
April 02, 11:51am

oh lord.
well, i don't have one of these tents, but the latest round of excuses and "apologies" is just so ridiculous. what's wrong with being honest about availability of your product?...

In GEAR » Bacpacker Magazine award to Big Sky
March 07, 10:43pm

sierra trading post for $75.60 + shipping
hi there. i just picked up a Houdini on Sierra Trading Post for $75.60 plus shipping ($10) with no tax. They only have XL in "yellow" (which looks more like green). http://www.sierr...

In Gear Deals » Houdini on Sale?
March 05, 2:21pm

Berkeley NF outlet
Hey all. I was past the North Face outlet in Berkeley, CA today. They are in a sale until the 13th (I think, but not sure). There is a whole rack of Diad's - mostly M and L, and a few XL. Wi...

In Gear Deals » North Face Diad size XL $99.00
March 03, 8:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Lawton Grinter

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Salomon XA Comp 2
I have now owned 3 pairs of XA Comp 2´s. I´ve put between 600-700 trail miles on each pair and I´m not kidding. The cushioning and stock insole in the Comp 2 is amazing and they can usually be found...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 07, 12:38pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek Plus Poles
During my 2004 PCT hike on into 2006 I had seen a few sets of carbon fiber trekking poles on the trail but had immediately discounted them after hearing stories of carbon poles snapping like twigs a...

In Trekking Poles
August 27, 5:10pm

Gossamer Gear Miniposa
In 2006, I hiked the Continental Divide Trail southbound from Canada to Mexico with a Gossamer Gear Mariposa Backpack. This was the most comfortable backpack I have ever used on a long distance hike,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 27, 5:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I recently purchased a set of the DriDucks Micropore Rainsuit from BPL.com. BPL says that "in 2007, the Drop Stoppers brand was purchased by Frogg Toggs and replaced with DriDucks." ...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 15, 12:55pm

Tarptent Squall
The Squall 2.0 is a nice 2-person shelter for long or short hikes. Lightweight, and plenty of room for 2 people to sleep in, with your backpack and gear tucked away above, under and below you. The n...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 20, 6:38pm