BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 121 - 130 of 657 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: Wonderland Trail July 2012 gear list
Edit> Looks like you double-posted this topic. I replied to the other thread but since this is the one people are responding to, I will add my reply here. Jon - Well, first off, congratula...

In Gear Lists » Wonderland Trail July 2012 gear list
November 13, 11:05am

Re: Wonderland Trail July 2012
Jon - Well, first off, congratulations for getting a group of friends to hike the Wonderland Trail. You picked a good time of year to hike the mountain, late July and early August often is the d...

In User Test Forum » Wonderland Trail July 2012
November 13, 1:59am

Re: Sony NEX Lens Impressions
The Sony NEX series is intriguing, I would be the first to hop on board if it weren't for the ergonomics and paucity of lenses. The Sony feels a bit akward with bigger lenses, which wouldn'...

In Photography » Sony NEX Lens Impressions
November 12, 9:02pm

Re: Lifelist hikes in the NW
Jefferson Park is really great, I recall being a bit on a mission while on the PCT and we hiked through this way to fast. It deserved much more attention. But I do recall climbing opposite Jefferso...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 'Lifelist' hikes in the NW
November 07, 9:48pm

Lifelist hikes in the NW
Welcome to the Northwest, I hope you find it to your liking. I believe June - October is fair estimation of traditional hiking season in western Washington, although this year July was pretty snow...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 'Lifelist' hikes in the NW
November 04, 10:23pm

Sweet video
Greg(Malto) - Fantastic video - thanks for the place names. Amazing the variation in weather and snowpack from year to year. Obviously, you hiked incredibly fast during a very heavy snow year. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Malto's 2011 PCT Video
October 29, 1:47am

"Now if I can only stop eating that stuff now that I'M through hiking!"
+1000 This is the great problem of thru-hikes. Easy to lose weight eating anything you want. Hard to stop eating once the miles go from 20+ to zero. Thru-hiking between fridge and couch will kil...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fats, Saturated, Trans, etc. While Hiking
October 29, 1:29am

Re: DSLR newbie
Congratulations on the new camera. It is capable of taking some outstanding photographs. I would recommend a book that has less to do with the functions of a particular camera, and more about th...

In Photography » DSLR newbie
October 24, 12:52pm

Re: Hybrid Quilt
Dan - I appreciate your comments and explanation. I knew about the upcoming pad from Thermarest, being an owner of the NeoAir, a product still dear to my heart (and hips). Assuming this techn...

In GEAR » what do you want to see from AEG
October 23, 12:50am

Hunter shoots, kills hiker
Another sad story of hiker mistaken for bear.

In On the Web » Hunter shoots, kills hiker
October 22, 3:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.