BPL Community Profile

Derek Cox (derekcox) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Derek Cox has not added a biography yet.
CityDauphin Island
StateAL
CountryUS
My PDF Gear List3 Season UL Comfort

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Derek Cox

Showing 121 - 130 of 178 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

jackets
Why those brands? Obviously people seem to think there are better options from other brands...

In GEAR » Best Light Waterproof Shells under $2505
September 07, 6:48pm

Re: straps
are the shoulder straps attached to bar at all or free to slide around? seems like if they were free they could slip off or require constant adjusting...

In Make Your Own Gear » New External Frame - MYOG
September 04, 1:33pm

Re: Making a Bivy
Hey Patrick- I am by no means the authority when it comes to myog, but i am happy with my meteor bivy, so i will answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. I did not sear the edges of t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a Bivy
July 24, 2:02pm

stake sale at interesting time...
just thought it was interesting that bpl would have a stake sale at the same time they release an article about not using stakes... ha ha just made me chuckle a bit.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » stake sale at interesting time...
July 09, 1:25am

sewing
just ask her to help you out...aka she does all the sewing. at least thats how it worked when i asked my mom to "help" me make a meteor bivy and it turned out really nicely.

In GEAR » MLD serenity shelter vs bug bivy
July 08, 10:39pm

ugh...seriously?
Seeing this pop up over and over again when I sign on to look at new posts is starting to get on my nerves. This whole thing was blown out of proportion. Just let it go.

In Make Your Own Gear » 8.8g SUUL remate canister stove
July 07, 11:12pm

Re: Where can I get those black plastic thingies?
try thru-hiker.com or quest outfitters. one or both of them should have what you're looking for i think.

In GEAR » Where can I get those black plastic thingies?
June 18, 6:15pm

Re: FS: Custom Quilt & Pack
Just a thought for the pack... it seems like it would be difficult to reach all the way down to the bottom of the outer mesh pocket... so why not make two pockets, one on bottom, one above? or a sm...

In Gear Swap » FS: Custom Quilt & Pack
June 17, 7:16pm

Re: Recent hammock sleep set-up #2
Sorry, I hadn't checked back in a while. Thanks for sharing though guys. I don't have an emergency blanket, but I might carry one now, seeing how useful it is for the you both. Thanks ag...

In Gear Lists » photos of gear and setup
June 14, 2:46pm

Re: My first sub 5 lb trip!
Hey James. Congrats on the trip and getting that weight down. Thanks for the pictures and gear list as well as the reference. I really love actually seeing what works for certain people and how...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My first sub 5 lb trip!
June 14, 2:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Derek Cox

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Easy to use. Lighter can be easily fixed if you read the troubleshooting guide. Boils water fast and uses very little fuel. Insulated and takes up relatively little space. on the heavier side, but ...

In Stoves - Canister
February 24, 9:18pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
Had it for a few years now. Never had any problems with leaking or holes. Comfy 1" of padding. Plenty wide and long, but a little on the heavier side.

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
February 24, 9:12pm

MSR Hubba
Outstanding rain protection. Plenty of room to sit up and move around a bit. Full mesh allows you to see the stars clearly on clear nights. Lightweight and perfect for nastier conditions when a tar...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
February 24, 9:07pm

Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket
Packs small. Very light. Fits great. Soft material. Keeps me warm down to about 40 degrees over just a t-shirt. Full zip is very handy and pockets are a great touch. Absolutely nothing but good th...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
February 24, 8:57pm

Osprey Atmos 50
Like others have said, what really separates this pack from others is the airspeed suspension. This pack molds perfectly to my hips and shoulders since it does not contact my back air can flow freely...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 24, 8:53pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
Much tougher pack for just a few ounces more. Tough Mesh on back and sides is great for holding a myriad of items. Shoulder straps are comfortable and it carries a load very well. Great craftsmansh...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 24, 8:45pm

WalMart
walmart is great for those cheap generic items needed for each trip. i.e. snacks, travel toiletries, odds and ends. who cares where the money goes or how wealthy Walmart is? i get what i need at a g...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 12, 8:10pm