Dan Durston (dandydan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Cascadia
About Me -
CityThunder Bay
StateON
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.motorscooterguide.net
My PDF Gear ListBMWO 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Durston

Showing 121 - 130 of 3849 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...385

Forum » Thread

SMD Packs
These packs are going to be a huge step up for SMD. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 26, 1:03pm

Nitrous
Pre-owned, black, medium, nice shape. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mountain-Hardwear-Nitrous-Hooded-Down-Jacket-medium-lightly-used-/221361385028?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item338a2aae44

In Gear Swap » WTB: MHW hooded Nitrous, Patagonia Down Sweater Hoody, WM hooded Flash, etc. in Medium, dark colors only
January 26, 1:02pm

40% Patagonia + Free shipping
Trekt.com has a good Patagonia sale going on right now. There's a lot in stock including down jackets etc. It's pretty much all 30% off and then you can toss a 10% off coupon on top of that...

In Gear Deals » 40% Patagonia + Free shipping
January 25, 9:52pm

Other Fuels
This is probably a dumb question, but it theoretically possible to also use this stove with white gas or kerosene like MSR's WhisperLite Universal? I'd love to have this option. Obviousl...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
January 25, 5:33pm

Down
FYI, Trekt.com has a good Patagonia sale on right now. It's 30% off and you can toss a coupon code on top (TP1420) for another 10% off. They have both the Hooded Down Sweater (Black, Med) an...

In Gear Swap » WTB: MHW hooded Nitrous, Patagonia Down Sweater Hoody, WM hooded Flash, etc. in Medium, dark colors only
January 25, 5:13pm

Montbell
It's not that new, but Montbell makes an overseas version of their Frost Smoke Parka (3.5oz down, 12.5oz total) without the heavier fabric is high wear areas and presumably without a few other ...

In GEAR » OR 2014 SNEAK PEAKS
January 25, 5:08pm

TP
Mark. That's awesome.

In GEAR » Roll Your Own Toilet Paper
January 25, 9:47am

2 person cooking
My wife and I use a similar setup (sidewinder cone) but with a 1.3L pot. In my opinion, this pot size is really the minimum for two person cooking. The next size up (1.9L) would be a lot nicer to u...

In GEAR » best 2 person stove system for CDT?
January 25, 9:24am

Arcteryx
Interesting stuff on the Cerium SL. Sounds nice. Is Arcteryx gonna stop using synth insulation in select "vulnerable" areas of their down jackets and just switch to DriDown? It's n...

In GEAR » Fall 2014 Arcteryx Sneak Peak
January 24, 8:42pm

Zebralight
Most of the Zebralights are actually available with only a modest delay. Zebralight endeavours - albeit poorly - to keep their lights in stock. When they are out of stock, or "backordered&...

In GEAR » Zebralight
January 24, 8:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Durston

Showing 1 - 10 of 25 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben DuoMid
The DuoMid is the best shelter for solo hikers. Don't be misled by the "Duo" in its name - you could cram two hikers in here but it's poorly suited for that (ie. no vestibule space, ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 22, 1:56pm

Evernew 300ml Dbl Wall Mug (ECA354)
I like the idea of a robust, double wall titanium mug that may be a bit heavier...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 22, 11:01am

Montane Minimus DT Pant
These pants are a very niche product. They're light (4.25oz Med) but the Pertex Shield+ m...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 10:31am

Spark-Lite Fire Starter (Survival Gear - BPL Gear Shop)
I have this kit and the FireLite Mini kit. This sparker is a bit lighter than the FireLite Mini but I don't trust this sparker 100% like I do the FireLite. This sparker doesn't work well wh...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:21pm

BPL FireLite Firestarter
I love this FireLite Mini. It's the only thing that I 100% trust to start a fire. With a mini Bic you can run out of gas, be at too high of an altitude, get it wet or get it oily. Matches can ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:19pm

Hyperlight Mtn Gear Echo I
I wasn't sure where to put this review as the Echo I can be used as either a tarp or a double wall tent. OVERVIEW I've given the Echo I five stars because it's quality construct...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
October 16, 4:15pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I've got the original Reed pants (4oz in a size medium) and they are prefect rain pants for UL hiking. They've been adequately durable, totally waterproof and light. I don't want ankle zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:27pm

Marmot Essence
I'll be the first one to give this jacket 5 stars. Marmot has made a number of changes to this jacket over the years so criticisms of the earlier models are no longer relevant. My Essence is t...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:22pm

Baladeo 22 Grams Knife
This knife is a brilliant design. Every part of it is functional and the result is a lot of knife for just 22g (or 24.3g as mine as actually weighs). When I opened the (very nice) box and first played...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 6:10pm

Nite ize S-Biner
After using another small biner that failed due to a poor design, I switched the Nite Ize Size 1 biner for bear bagging this summer. I use one of these to clip to my 1.4mm spectra cord to my food sack...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 5:56pm