BPL Community Profile

Sunny Waller (dancer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Grew up playing in the lakes and the mountains of North Georgia. Started backpacking in a coed Explorer Scout Troup in the 1970's (yes I am a girl) I outfitted & led groups on backpacking trips for 20 years until I was totalled by a drunk driver. I got back on the trail when I read Ray Jardine's book Beyond Backpacking. I teach lightweight backpacking programs for different groups and currently have a great gig at the LenFoote Hike Inn. I am a member of the Trail Dames hiking club.
CityAtlanta
StateGa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sunny Waller

Showing 121 - 130 of 244 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...25

Forum » Thread

cold weather water bottles
more info: I am backpacking this weekend and the nightime temps will be below freezing. I did not have to worry about this when I used nalgene bottles I just turned them upside down. Do gatorade b...

In GEAR » Cold Weather Effect on Water Bottles & Filters
November 04, 6:20pm

Cold Weather Effect on Water Bottles & Filters
I use Platy Bottles with the Frontier Filter. Does anybody know how cold it has to get before these start to freeze up??

In GEAR » Cold Weather Effect on Water Bottles & Filters
November 04, 12:57pm

Protecting DSLR's
I carry my camera in a 0.3oz Zpacks Shoulder Pouch. For rain protection I have a small rolltop dry sack also 0.3oz from Mountain Fitters. Joe and Lawson are great to do business with.

In GEAR » Protecting DSLR's
October 28, 10:44am

Best thru hiking pack
Many people have thru hiked with Granite Gear packs. You may want to check them out. I use to fit people for backpacks when I led trips. I always reccomend going somewhere like REI where you have a...

In GEAR » Best thru hiking pack
October 12, 11:35am

What's Your Weakness?
Mine is Shelter. My current list: Hexamid, Lunar Solo, Gatewood Cape, Golite Hex, Speer Hammock, BPL Bivy & Tarp. I sold my Squall Classic because of the noisey spinnaker fabric, and sold my Co...

In GEAR » What's Your Weakness?
October 07, 1:21pm

Esbit Stove
The REI store in Atlanta has a Esbit Stove that looks just like the BPL wing stove but I did not pay attention to who makes it. Darn...guess I will just have to run over there tonight :)

In GEAR » Which Esbit stand?
October 07, 12:17pm

Hexamid Twin
Eugene... I will have to ask Lawson about those stakes. I was just re-ordering a mini drybag from him this morning. I had one that was the perfect size for my iphone. It went missing during one of ...

In GEAR » My new modded Hexamid Twin
August 21, 4:58am

Hexamid Twin
I recieved my Heximid Twin Tent Saturday. WOW...I love it. The space is great and it is very easy to get in and out of. I tend to over do it when I seam seal and I put it on thicker than required. ...

In GEAR » My new modded Hexamid Twin
August 20, 4:41pm

hiking shoes for Wide Feet
Try a running shoe store. They have the expertice and the equipment to find a good fit for your foot and they sell trail runners. My foot is very wide with a high arch and I went in there to get so...

In GEAR » Need some new hiking shoes for Wide feet
July 21, 12:27pm

Jingas
Bet you could remove or replace those shoe laces and save a gram or 2 BaaaaHaHaaaa !!!!!

In GEAR » Camp Shoes
July 07, 12:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Sunny Waller

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks customer service
I have ordered many products from Zpacks. The website is very specific about the wait time for gear that has to be made and Joe has never failed to deliver within that time frame. I had no problems re...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 13, 8:28pm

zpacks Company
I ordered some small stuff from ZPacks. The post office lost it and kept referring me to different people who just kept saying "yes..it's lost". I called Joe to make him aware and he imm...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 10:30am