BPL Community Profile

pack nwcurt (curtpeterson) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me pack nwcurt has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by pack nwcurt

Showing 121 - 130 of 422 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...43

Forum » Thread

Jetboil Zip Hacks
@Kevin - According to Will and Janet's testing, it didn't make a huge impact at all. Can't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like 1 or 2 pints out of 45 or more per canis...

In GEAR » Jetboil Zip Hacks
January 22, 12:33pm

Jetboil Zip Hacks
Did the first "permanent" mod to the Zip. Very simple addition of a wire adjustment knob. Even without the 1/2 ounce savings of using the Gnat, this one is worth it just for convenience. ...

January 18, 2:17pm

Jetboil Zip Hacks
So I picked up a Jetboil Zip the other day. I've avoided the integrated setups since they showed up because the weights just didn't make sense. With the recent versions, they're much mo...

January 18, 11:31am

Re: Re: Unscrewing the Gnat
But, what I want to know is the efficiency of the Gnat. Does it take the same amount of fuel to boil a pint of water? You have to be careful measuring, like Roger did in his stove comparison articl...

In GEAR » The MSRatauk SuperGnat (Gaz *and* Threaded!)
January 09, 9:40pm

SuperGnat
Hard to tell if this thread is joking or serious, but for anyone curious about the Gnat - which I use as my primary stove - unscrewing requires nothing different than screwing the stove on the cani...

In GEAR » The MSRatauk SuperGnat (Gaz *and* Threaded!)
January 09, 8:55am

$16 remote canister stove
I played around with the stove a little more. For those thinking it could be even lighter, here are the component weights: Burner: 1.1oz (33gm) Jet assembly & hose: 3.4oz (96gm) Legs: 1.6...

In GEAR » $16 remote canister stove
January 07, 11:18am

Re: Re: $16 remote canister stove
Always learn something from your stove posts, Jim :) Thank you!

January 07, 9:38am

It's a regular (Lindal?) connection. I used an MSR canister, a Jetboil canister, and a Snowpeak canister. Took all three just fine. Nice snug rubber washer fit, too. I like that better than the...

January 06, 6:12pm

The stove finally arrived. Took well over a month to get here. Quick impressions are actually surprisingly good. To be honest, it looks and feels as solid and well put together as any Coleman, MSR,...

January 06, 3:35pm

2012 UL Big Boy Gear List
Nice list, Jay. Two quick questions for you: 1. How long are the shoulder straps on that pack? One of my greatest problems with most of the UL packs is that the shoulder straps are too short and...

In Gear Lists » 2012 UL Big Boy Gear List
January 05, 7:25pm

All Reader Reviews by pack nwcurt

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Ultralight Fishing Rod Case 2"
I'd been looking for a light, tough fishing rod tube for a long time and was excited to find this option. Despite fantastic customer service with a special request and fast shipping, this rod tube qu...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:57am

Lock Laces Shoe Laces Lock Laces Shoe Laces
I'll give the Lock-Laces that BPL sells a star for being incredibly comfortable during in-camp and flat trail duty, and another star for the quick and easy on-off they allow. But, they are not near...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:43am

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If Esbit is the fuel choice, this little stand is a fantastic option. Fits the GSI double boilers well and my Snowpeak bowl nicely. The real appeal is the ridiculously light weight. I can tos...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 11:35am