BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 121 - 130 of 586 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Yosemite Snowshoeing: Badger Pass to Sentinel Dome
Bob, it definitely did look like an excellent route for cross country skis. I think when we decide to give that mode of travel a try, it will be there. Andrew, I actually find snow camping to be...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite Snowshoeing: Badger Pass to Sentinel Dome
January 28, 4:24pm

Re: Sierra Snowshoe :: Feb 2013 UPDATE
Sounds good to me. Looking forward to it! How many people are planning on heading out there on Friday? I don't think I'd be able to get out of work early enough on Friday, so I'll ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Sierra Snowshoe :: Feb 2013
January 28, 1:04pm

Yosemite Snowshoeing: Badger Pass to Sentinel Dome
January 19-21, 2013 Julie and arrived at Badger Pass some time around 11am and headed straight to the Ranger Station to pick up the permit.  At about 11:30am we were finally on th...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite Snowshoeing: Badger Pass to Sentinel Dome
January 28, 12:56pm

Re: Sierra Snowshoe :: Feb 2013
Both options sound good to me and I could make either weekend work. Bradley, I'll likely be driving and I live in SF, so I should be able to give you a ride.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Sierra Snowshoe :: Feb 2013
January 24, 12:26pm

David's Trailstar
You should have seen how loosely it was pitched after the first attempt :)

In Post-Trip Reports » Dewey Point, 1/11 to 1/13/2013
January 16, 1:32pm

Re: @HK Newman
HK, I had Marmot Helium 15* Bag Exped DownMat 9 Six Moon Designs Meteor Bivy MLD Duomid and was wearing Thick wool socks with fleece socks over them Cap 1 bottoms, Softshell Pants ...

January 16, 1:28pm

Dewey Point
Thanks to everyone for making this such a fun trip. I had a great time. In fact, I'm probably heading out again this weekend, which should hopefully be a bit warmer! Here's some of my ...

January 15, 12:47pm

Re: Re: Winter Layering
Thanks for the replies. Makes sense....looking forward to testing it out this weekend.

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter layering system?
January 11, 1:42pm

Winter Layering
Reviving this thread with a few questions.... Do you ever remove/change your baselayers (top and bottom) during a trip or do you wear them the whole time and only adjust the other layers over th...

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter layering system?
January 10, 10:41am

Shelter Advice
As a winter camping newbie, I could use a little shelter advice for this trip. My options are an MLD Duomid, Big Agnes Copper Spur UL3 or REI Arete ASL 2. I'd love to bring the Duomid, but I ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Meetup - Yosemite Snowshoe/Ski to Dewey Pt. - Jan. 11-13
January 08, 5:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm