Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 121 - 130 of 592 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Tioga Rd in the Snow
Nico, When I checked the temp on my watch at some point during the night it said 16*F and Andrew mentioned his said 18*, so somewhere around there. I was comfortable enough for the most part, b...

In Post-Trip Reports » Tioga Road in the snow
February 15, 11:01am

Re: ... in the snow
It was our first time there, so no scouting on a previous trip. We walked right past the site at first and Andrew noticed it. Then as we started getting closer to the exposed dance floor a couple...

February 14, 10:17am

Devils Dance Floor
Some more pics....

February 12, 12:21pm

Re: Tioga Road in the snow
Nope, it was quite miserable, but now I only need to suffer through 5 more trips to break even on the snowshoe purchase ;) Kidding, of course....it was a great time. Looking forward to the next on...

February 11, 11:58am

Re: Re: Bob 2013
I've been chatting with Andrew about this and I'm in. Will likely have a few questions forthcoming.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2013 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open
February 02, 6:34pm

Misery
For the record, I was kidding about being miserable. Very much looking forward to the next one in a few weeks! But Andrew, you should probably be good in under 10 nights, so you might as well j...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite Snowshoeing: Badger Pass to Sentinel Dome
January 28, 8:41pm

Re: Yosemite Snowshoeing: Badger Pass to Sentinel Dome
Bob, it definitely did look like an excellent route for cross country skis. I think when we decide to give that mode of travel a try, it will be there. Andrew, I actually find snow camping to be...

January 28, 4:24pm

Re: Sierra Snowshoe :: Feb 2013 UPDATE
Sounds good to me. Looking forward to it! How many people are planning on heading out there on Friday? I don't think I'd be able to get out of work early enough on Friday, so I'll ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Sierra Snowshoe :: Feb 2013
January 28, 1:04pm

Yosemite Snowshoeing: Badger Pass to Sentinel Dome
January 19-21, 2013 Julie and arrived at Badger Pass some time around 11am and headed straight to the Ranger Station to pick up the permit.  At about 11:30am we were finally on th...

January 28, 12:56pm

Re: Sierra Snowshoe :: Feb 2013
Both options sound good to me and I could make either weekend work. Bradley, I'll likely be driving and I live in SF, so I should be able to give you a ride.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Sierra Snowshoe :: Feb 2013
January 24, 12:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm