BPL Community Profile

Peter McDonough (crazypete) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Above the Divided Line
About Me I backpack as the Studliest Studly Studmuffin of Studly Studliness who ever Studlied himself out of Studlyville.

I cut a large path while leaving no trace and carring less than three pounds in my pack.

If you want knowledge of some real scientific prinicples, talk to me and I will guide you to the sun.

See you on the other side.

And remember to keep to the mean.
CityForm of the Good
StateThe City
CountryUS of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter McDonough

Showing 121 - 130 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: Member Profile
Cool

In Chaff » Member Profile
October 20, 11:06pm

Re: Please Advise Me
I've hiked in the WM wildeness, and I can tell you that along the Crest trail especially there are a multiplicity of avalance chutes which will be covered in snow that the trail traverses. You won...

In GEAR » Please Advise Me
October 19, 7:06pm

Re: Another gear-a-holic list...
I'm interested in some of the climbing gear pmcdono at udallas dot edu

In Gear Swap » Another gear-a-holic list...
October 17, 4:41pm

Re: Rain Pants
Or the Golite Reed pants at half the weight.

In GEAR » WP/B pant recommendations
October 07, 2:59pm

Re: FREE: 2004 Osprey Aether 60 - needs a bit of repair
I'll take it crazypetemagic@aol.com

In Gear Swap » FREE: 2004 Osprey Aether 60 - needs a bit of repair
October 07, 10:26am

Re: Re: Re: psychic weight
Appendix??? Heck lets just take off an entire arm---that way our clothes will be ligheter as we will have less to insulate, and we can carry one less trekking pole, and then you can imagine the si...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Damn heavy wedding band
October 05, 11:56pm

Re: Down bags
It sounds like you are making a simple mistake that everyone has missed, namely, don't roll your bag as you have with sleeping bags in the past. Instead, you just cram it into the stuff sack or ba...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping bag won't fit into my backpack
October 04, 4:19pm

Re: weaning yourself from a tent
Jim---the point is, once the storm is rolling in or has, the wind very rarely changes direction. I've been to Denali and to the Boundary Waters and grew up in Texas. I know bugs and ants. If i...

In GEAR » Tarp idea
October 03, 4:10pm

Re: great value for sun protection
Brett, that attitude is why my pack weight is less than 3 pounds and yours isn't. If I was only looking for sun and wind protection, I would not be using a tarp, I would be using an even lighter a...

In GEAR » Tarp idea
October 03, 9:20am

Re: Actual weight of Thermarest Prolite 3 short
Without the stuff sack, yes, that is how much it weighs.

In GEAR » Actual weight of Thermarest Prolite 3 short
October 03, 9:10am

All Reader Reviews by Peter McDonough

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Ether Wind Shirt (Wisp HP)
Of course you got clammy in it. The temperature was in the mid 60s. There is no need to wear a windshirt in the mid 60s unless you have a slight drizzle or there is a VERY VERY strong wind blowing. ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 16, 12:49pm