BPL Community Profile

Chris Muthig (cmuthig) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me Chris Muthig has not added a biography yet.
CityAthens
StateGeorgia
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://kringlelight.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Muthig

Showing 121 - 130 of 247 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...25

Forum » Thread

Beginner Tenkara
So I want to begin to incorporate more activities in with my backpacking, and I think that Tenkara fishing could be something fun to try. To start out, I know basically nothing about fishing. I ...

In Fishing » Beginner Tenkara
December 29, 8:06am

Wool
I hike in Georgia and NC mostly along the AT. How long do you spend hiking it? Come April, it isn't very cold in the SE. By the end of April, it is hot. I've got the Cap 1 long sleev...

In GEAR » best base layer for an AT thru hike??
December 27, 7:29am

Late
Yep, I definitely know I am late. I didn't really even notice it and read up on in until later in the summer, long after Devin had stopped taking orders. I'm not too terribly worried about ...

In GEAR » Backcountry Boiler
December 25, 11:21pm

Ordering
I'm also having some serious trouble figuring out how to order one of these. I really wanted to get one ordered for Christmas this year, but couldn't figure out where to get one. I tried...

In GEAR » Backcountry Boiler
December 24, 1:35pm

Holiday Season
It seems like people ask for advice on what to get holidays on the gear forum a lot, but never here. I ran into the problem of coming up with a Christmas list to help others find presents for me th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Holiday Season
December 19, 2:01pm

Re:Need MYOG 5x10 tarp advice
You will definitely need to hem the edges, otherwise, the fabric will slowly fray and unravel on you. You will need to find some way to fix. I roll the edges over twice and sew that down. For t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need MYOG 5x10 tarp advice
December 16, 9:07pm

Thoughts
The Henley pack would be a good decision. I think a simple flat tarp would be a better decision though. If you were looking to make a tarp in the first place. A nice monk tarp means that you on...

In Make Your Own Gear » What to do with all this sil?
December 12, 7:02pm

Thanks
Thanks for the information. I had a strong feeling it wouldn't work really well. I think I am going to go with some silnylon for the front pocket. I like mesh, but I am looking for something th...

In Make Your Own Gear » VX07 For Pockets
December 09, 5:00pm

VX07 For Pockets
I'm working on my pack now, and am using some dimension polyant VX07 for the first time. I think it is going to be a good fabric choice for me. I just need a tad bit more than sil. What I a...

In Make Your Own Gear » VX07 For Pockets
December 09, 1:36pm

Re: Keffiyah
Thanks for the update, Dale. Once everything gets settled down over here, I will have to get my hands on some fleece. I think I might try it out in some merino as well for a slightly warmer season ...

In GEAR » UL Fall/Winter Hat options
December 08, 8:27am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Muthig

Chris Muthig has posted no reviews.