BPL Community Profile

Carol Crooker (cmcrooker) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Desert Southwest, USA
About Me I live and do a lot of my backpacking in the desert, but I LOVE the mountains of the west! I also get out to the east coast occasionally to backpack.
CityPhoenix
StateArizona
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListHammock, Lows to 40

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Carol Crooker

Showing 121 - 130 of 309 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...31

Forum » Thread

Komperdell Featherlights
Look for the Komperdell Featherlights at STP as well. One piece, carbon poles that are very stiff and light!

In Gear Deals » 36% Off at STP - Komperdell C3's for $70
November 07, 4:16am

All Right, Andy!
Woo Hoo!!!!

In Editor's Roundtable » The Great Western Loop
November 04, 9:42pm

photos
Justin just had a few photos. Kind of hard to get pics when you're swimming solo!

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Lake Tahoe Open Water Swim - Around the Lake in Seven Days in Ultralight Style
October 28, 3:23pm

ski high route
Quite the epic!

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Lake Tahoe Open Water Swim - Around the Lake in Seven Days in Ultralight Style
October 25, 2:18pm

Another Francis podcast
I am hoping to get another interview with Francis but not on gear. Part 1 of this podcast talks about his gear changes from the list posted on his website.

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Francis Tapon is Set to Complete a Backpacking First - a CDT Yo-yo
October 19, 12:42pm

Virga in Spring 08
The 8 oz Virga will be available in the Spring. $80 - if you can wait that long.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Mens Golite Virga Jacket
October 01, 7:10pm

Podcast: Justin Lichter's Surprising New Adventure
Companion forum thread to: Podcast: Justin Lichter's Surprising New Adventure

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Justin Lichter's Surprising New Adventure
August 23, 10:14am

Retire early
This is not the great opportunity now that it was when I joined...but I retired from the Navy at 37. Of course the whole time I was in I worked pretty much 7 days a week and took one backpacking tr...

In Chaff » What career allows for time to hike? Help!
August 16, 9:51pm

GoLite's New Shelter Line for 2008 (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2007)
Companion forum thread to: GoLite's New Shelter Line for 2008 (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2007)

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite's New Shelter Line for 2008 (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2007)
August 10, 12:58am

Congrats!
Great job, Aaron!

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT Atempt Report
August 06, 10:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Carol Crooker

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coughlan's LED Clip-on Headlight
The Coughlan’s LED Clip-on Headlight is light weight, inexpensive and bright enough for around camp chores. The red filter is a nice feature to save night vision. I gave it a 3 of 5 because it was fru...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 07, 4:22pm

Coughlan's Micro Lantern
The Coughlan Micro Lantern is a tiny LED light shaped like a lantern. It has a clip ring on top so it can be hung from your tent zipper pull or the like. The light shines out in a 360 degree circle an...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 03, 5:16pm

Inov8 Terroc 330 - Men's
I love the way the Terrocs conform to my feet without needing to be tied too tightly. So - our feet are different or your Terrocs came laced differently than mine. Mine came with a heel locking lacing...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
June 27, 10:21pm

Wilderness First Aid Classes by WMI/NOLS
16 hour course on first aid in the backcountry. Lots of hands on scenarios for practice. The course I attended in AZ in May 2006 was taught by an EMT from Pennsylvania and an EMT/ski patroller from Co...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
May 09, 1:06pm

Tilley LT5
Well I thought the LT5 was perfect until Ryan suggested it would be even better if it was lighter. But of course! And it's stylish too - at least we Tilley wearers think so. And Ryan, just slip on yo...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:30am