BPL Community Profile

Jace Mullen (climberslacker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Your guess is as good as mine.
About Me Hi! I'm Jace. I'm 17 years old. I will be doing the PCT Summer 2012.
CityOceanside
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacemullen.com
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jace Mullen

Showing 121 - 130 of 377 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...38

Forum » Thread

SoCal Represent
North San Diego Here (Oceanside). I think that if we have a get-together (SoCal Gathering of the Gear Geeks or SCGGG) it should be relatively central, so its not a gnarly drive for the San Diego...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Southern California
December 21, 9:34pm

Re: PCT: Tent or Tarp?
I think I am just going to stick with my Squall. I didn't even think about ease of set-up compared to a tarp and I think that might be the deciding factor. Well, that with the added bug pro...

In GEAR » PCT: Tent or Tarp
December 16, 5:32pm

PCT: Tent or Tarp
I am going to be hiking the PCT starting may 2012 and am still getting some gear together for that. One of the biggest things that I am working on figuring out is whether I should go with a Tarp...

In GEAR » PCT: Tent or Tarp
December 15, 6:44pm

Fun Types
My Scale: Type I: Fun while you're doing it, fun to talk about/ remember Type II: Sucks while you are doing it, fun when you look back on it (most alpine climbing) Type III: Sucks while yo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Levels of Fun - Skurka's?
September 17, 1:40pm

Perfect Days on Perfect Granite.
Bob, you are right. Steve House used Ti Pitons on his ascent of Nanga Parbat. Re: Titanium Hardware: I think on of the issues (and you know more about the properties of Ti then I do) is that...

In Post-Trip Reports » Not Backpacking, not Ultralight but Climbing.
August 08, 10:03am

Not Backpacking, not Ultralight but Climbing.
I still think that some people might be interested in a climbing trip report! I spent two days hanging out in Idyllwild but more importantly on Tahquitz! http://jacemullen.com/2011/08/07/perf...

In Post-Trip Reports » Not Backpacking, not Ultralight but Climbing.
August 07, 4:32pm

Re: Simmerbuilt Packs...
Stunning packs. I would be sketched out by the clips. Hopefully I will see you out on the PCT, when are you starting?

In Make Your Own Gear » Zimmerbuilt packs for my PCT thru hike!
August 07, 11:09am

GG thinlight 1/8"
I use mine in combination with my GG nightlight torso length. It serves as more of an insulated ground cloth to keep my bag/quilt off of the pine needles. I don't use it for padding though. Way...

In GEAR » 1/8" Evazote Pad aka GG thinlight 1/8"
August 07, 10:57am

Backpacking Etiqutte
This might help. Plus its actually hilarious. http://recparks.asp.radford.edu/faculty/behavior.htm

In Philosophy & Technique » Links for newbs? Backpacking Etiquette
August 04, 9:10pm

Shoes for PCT 2012
Hey Team, I am looking at getting a new pair of shoes (My old pair just but the dust). I am also planning on hiking the PCT in 2012. So I thought that I might want to get a pair of shoes that wi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Shoes for PCT 2012
August 04, 8:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Jace Mullen

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

40 Below Expedition Insulation
A great, US company that makes expedition-specific insulating gear. My bottle-boots were shipped the same day I ordered them and along with the shipping notice came a question from the company founder...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 16, 4:39pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
I used this pad for 5 weeks this summer while building trail. I have also used it on every backpacking trip for the last two-ish years. I just bought a new one to take on my PCT thru this summer. ...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
April 07, 9:38pm

zpacks Company
While I only ordered stuff sacks from Joe, he was still willing to talk with me about what would work best for me. Great Guy, I hope to buy a pack from him eventually!

February 28, 8:57am

Patagonia the company
I have never had to deal with there customer service department because of something I have bought, but many times i have had questions about there products and if you are on their website, on the top...

March 19, 10:46pm