BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 121 - 130 of 991 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...100

Forum » Thread

Opsak
The "completely odorproof" part is the hoax. Real barrier bag materials are far more odorproof than polyethylene. Many companies manufacture or distribute perishable products that are vac...

In GEAR » My scumbag opsack is now putting out an odor! :-P
August 01, 4:58pm

Opsaks
Opsaks are a hoax. They are made of polyethylene, which is the same stuff that every commonplace ziplock bag is made of. They are more "odorproof" than regular ziplock bags ONLY because t...

In GEAR » My scumbag opsack is now putting out an odor! :-P
August 01, 3:19pm

Whoops
It didn't even occur to me that it might be more than ten years old. Thanks for pointing that out.

In GEAR » Heat Transfer
July 31, 3:32pm

Pots
He didn't test any heat-exchanger pots. That would have been an obvious addition to his list, I would think. Worthwhile test, nevertheless.

In GEAR » Heat Transfer
July 31, 2:07pm

Note
What do you plan to use it for? I have tried small spray bottles (5-10ml) for bug spray and no-rinse body wash, and none of them ever lasted more than one trip. Most of them failed in the field. I ...

In GEAR » Where can I buy smalles screw cap spray bottle?
July 31, 10:56am

Backflushing
Sawyer sells a faucet adapter for backflushing, and the garden hose water pressure wouldn't be any greater than a faucet, so I would guess that Daryl's method wouldn't pose a risk of ru...

In Make Your Own Gear » 6 gallon per minute Sawyer backflush
July 29, 5:05pm

Flow rate
Stephen, the results you reported for flow rate after soaking and without the Frontier prefilter are pretty close to what I get. The water in my area is very hard, too. I haven't tried a vinega...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze flow rate timing
July 28, 2:02pm

Sawyer filter flow rates
Stephen, these times are much slower than what I've observed with my Sawyer squeeze, particularly for the gravity setup. with forceful squeezing I can fill a liter bottle in about 70 seconds wi...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze flow rate timing
July 28, 8:42am

tie-out
"Also, my concern is not a guy line breaking; it's a tie-out ripping off the tarp (or ripping the tarp itself)." My post was a little muddled. I was talking about a line that goes ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thoughts on Spinntwin's corner tieout design?
July 27, 4:27pm

Nobul1
I have a down quilt from Zpacks with Nobul1 inside and out, and I haven't observed a single down cluster coming through yet. I remember someone mentioning, though, that there have been at least...

In Make Your Own Gear » My next quilt #10
July 27, 10:32am

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.