BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 121 - 130 of 426 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...43

Forum » Thread

re: need for good thermal contact
It's certainly true that good thermal contact is necessary in order to ensure that the HX fins couple any energy they pick up to the pan, and thence to the pan contents. But, given that David ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fins on a Rockstar can
January 17, 10:51am

re: An Alternative vane configuration
> Also, if by their extenstion below the pot or their outer diameter, they may also serve as a windscreen to the pot / fins. Yes, that was part of my thinking too. I'm now part way thr...

January 17, 6:12am

An alternative vane configuration
Here's another possible vane configuration, which provides a 'windshield' to the heat exchanger 'tunnels'. It's from one of the 'JetBoil scribbles' I mentioned earl...

January 16, 11:23am

re: reducing annular air speed
> You're probably right that reducing excess ambient air flow coming up between the windscreen and pot maybe have helped by keeping that annulular air space hotter. In which case, probably b...

January 12, 11:05am

re: annealing
> For just a couple pieces of roof flashing, rolling is the same as drawing only limited to a couple dimensions, I would run them over a stove burner till they start browning. I agree with Jo...

January 12, 10:56am

re: soda can annealing
> Are soda cans not annealed? Wooh, no! Most of the stuff you buy that's finished product won't be annealed; it will be work hardened as per the last machining step. Unless it speci...

January 12, 10:49am

re: vortex
When the JetBoil came out, I scribbled a few alternative HX ideas. One of which was spiral fins around the outside of the pan....

January 11, 12:20pm

re MSR HX
Jerry; yeah, the wide strip strapped the HX to the pan, but it seemed way OTT for that function. I think you replied on one of the linked threads, with your wire suggestion; same idea as a thin st...

January 11, 12:17pm

re: Lid suggestions
Here's a way of making a reasonably robust but lightweight lid from drinks can sidewall. The edge is pretty rough, but if you had fancy edge-rolling tools, you could do a much better job. I o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera Cones - My Adventures in Improving the ULC system
January 11, 11:02am

re: Variations on Fins on a Rockstar can
Nicely done HX , David. Having folded a lot of Al for the SqueezeBox stove, I'd suggest running something along the short folded section if you want to flatten it; if the foil is soft and th...

January 11, 10:55am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.